1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job application forms and lists of qualifications

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MrsBridgewater, Jan 15, 2011.

1. MrsBridgewater

MrsBridgewater New commenter

Just filling in the first, of many, job application forms and I am struck as ever by the lack of space for qualifications! Is it acceptable to put '11 O'levels at grade C and above including English and Maths" or do I have to reduce the font size to that used on micro fiche and squeeze them all in?

2. MrsBridgewater

Oh, and while I am asking questions.....

Do I put the schools I have done/am doing my teaching practice at in the 'Teaching (most recent employment first)' box, making it clear that it was TP or do I just leave that blank?

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Unless it asks for Subjects, Grades and Examining bodies (alot of forms do!) then I would list subjects and grades ie English, Maths, History :As Art, Drama: Bs etc...
    If there is even less space just write, 9 A-C including all core subject and a D in eating bananas (well whatever the subject was!)

Also DO put teaching practise in Teaching experience. And if there is a reason for leaving just write in Developmental Palcement etc...

4. MrsBridgewater

LOL at eating bananas! I know that I am so old that bananas were considered an exotic fruit, but I don't think we actually had lessons to teach us how to do it!

I've played around with fonts and gone with 11 O'levels, including English and Maths all grade C and above. I have to admit that I'd have to dig out the certificates to remember which exam I got a C in now! Have detailed my A' and S' levels and degree more fully though.

Now on to the dreaded supporting statement!

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

You'll be fine. Fingers crossed they invite you for interview x

6. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Generally most applications I see identify x GCSE's at grade y and then itemise the A level subjects individually. If there is a shortage of space you can always add additional sheets.
    Previous Teaching experience is the usual section to identify your teaching practices in- good luck