1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job App - Supporting Statement

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by debbiepink, Jan 4, 2010.

1. I'm applying for jobs as a TA/LSA. I very much doubt I'll get them as I have very little experience, but the experience of applying I thought would be useful, plus any chance of a job I'm going to try my hardest for as I'm broke! Anyway, I need to write a supporting statement, and I've no idea where to start. It says:

Criteria being: experience, qualifications, skills.
    I've only done a few weeks work experience in primary schools (when i wanted to do teaching, which i don't anymore. I'm about to start a voluntary TA role tomorrow for 2 days a week, but this application has to be in by the 15th Jan, so I would have only done 3 days (inset day today). I've no idea what to write, and definitely not 2 pages worth! Any ideas?

2. I'm applying for jobs as a TA/LSA. I very much doubt I'll get them as I have very little experience, but the experience of applying I thought would be useful, plus any chance of a job I'm going to try my hardest for as I'm broke! Anyway, I need to write a supporting statement, and I've no idea where to start. It says:

Criteria being: experience, qualifications, skills.
    I've only done a few weeks work experience in primary schools (when i wanted to do teaching, which i don't anymore. I'm about to start a voluntary TA role tomorrow for 2 days a week, but this application has to be in by the 15th Jan, so I would have only done 3 days (inset day today). I've no idea what to write, and definitely not 2 pages worth! Any ideas?

3. helpfulfriend

helpfulfriend New commenter

have you any kids of your own? what have you done with them that will help you in a school.
    what other jobs have you done? what skills did you have then?
    do you like children, why?
    have you done any volunteering with cubs or brownies?
    you have done some primary school work, what did you do then. listening to readers?
    working with small groups, art and craft?
    I've given you a few questions which hopefully you can use to pad out some info.
    Good luck