1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jewellery with bikinis

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, May 23, 2010.

1. Ditto. (Except the France bit).

2. I get lots of attention when I wear a bikini.

Unfortunately it's normally from groups of concerned well-wishers trying to roll me back into the sea.....[​IMG]

3. Doglover

Doglover Occasional commenter

Elfie - would that be one of the people you were talking about yesterday, who had their 5 spare tyres on show, for all to see?

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

there is nothing wrong with my dress sense, i am covered up and everything.

doglover, i was talking more of [​IMG]

5. I'd say no to jewellery and bikini. I'm not that much into it anyway (unless it's diamonds!)
    I prefer a tankini - I don't like to tan anyway, for the same reasons that moonpenny pointed out, so there's no need to have torso out, but it's more trendy than a swimsuit, which can look a little frumpy.
    MP, that is terrible for you and Andy. So sorry to hear that.

6. I don't go in for tans, either. But I like a bit of fresh air on my skin. I do have a couple of tankinis, as well. I tend to wear them in the opening air swimming pool when I take the kids in Summer. I don't have to worry so much about flashing anything inadvertantly when using the slides or jumping when the wave machine is on.

7. I wear a single gold chain and gold earrings and gold anklet with my bikini. I never remove this jewellery anyway so don't have to think about jewellery. Having said that I did wear a pink necklace with a black bikini for a photo shoot on a beach recently. I didn't go in the water with it though!
    SLLx
    [​IMG]

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

What a star you are! Love your picture on the radio thread,so pretty.

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

That's what I think DZ...hence this thread. I do not do high heels with bikinis, just flip flops and a sarong.
    Oh...and personal is for fluffy, silly, girlie stuff and for bloke stuff too. If you want serious go to opinion. They're always up for a good squable!
    *writes Belle who is sitting in the sun in one of her...BIKINIS!!!*

10. That is where echo is posting. She must be gutted that she can't post on this thread. She's mentioned all of us.

11. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hilarious! Love it! Time for another Pimms [​IMG]

12. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

persoanlly i would haver thught you should be modest if not wearing a bikini....maybea few good diamonds in the navel and hanging from the end of ones bodems bosems
    mind you i find wearing abikini dont sdut me..i sort of get strange looks.

13. mankini? olds?!!
    [​IMG]

14. Thanks Catmother!
    [​IMG]

15. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

Thanks, Buntycat. It was very quick. She was well at the xmas and then 6 months later she deteriorated very quickly, was in lots of distress and pain and I'm sorry to say, she died a horrible death. It just isn't worth the risks. Her and her partner did a lot of diving, going all over to world to do it and I think that is where she had all the contact from the sun.
    It does make you more wary of the sun. Also, tanning can make you skin go really leathery in the long term.

16. Very true. My mother has gone a bit leathery (don't tell her I said that) from all the tanning she did in the eighties. I've seen photos of her when she was younger, before tanning became so poppular in the 70s and her complexion was beautiful ... snow white.
    Quite glad I can't cope in beating sun.

17. Yes, one of my neighbours looks like that. Awful.

18. I wear factor 30. keep myself covered up and don't lie in the sun. It's how I keep my skin looking 'lush' despite my love of exotic hols.

19. You are disgustingly pretty. I should hate you really, but I can't.
    I always wear high factor, too. And I find just lying in the sun like a sausage waiting to be cooked totally boring.

20. That's why holiday books are important!