1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jewellery with bikinis

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, May 23, 2010.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Prominent jewellery with bikinis, high heels with bikinis, IMHO very tacky

3. The whole point of a bikini is to lie in the sun or to go in the sea/pool, surely.

Lying in the hot sun, any kind of metal will brand you.
    Salt in the sea and chlorine in the pool won't do your jewellery any good.

So, cheap plastic jewellery only with the bikini, if you're really so clueless you think it looks stylish.

4. doomzebra

I rather think most bikinis are worn for attention-gathering

5. I WISH I could attention seek in a bikini, the only bit of me that would get attention is my wobbly bottom and spare tyres! [​IMG] Grumble grumble grumble....

6. Even if it's in an 'Oo, she's brave' kind of a way...

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Really? Having lost over 3 stones in the last year,I fully intend to wear a bikini this year for the simple reason that I find them more pratical. You can wear them under clothes like underwear and do other things before getting to the place where you'll have a swim. Therefore,no need to try to figure out how to get changed or how to go to the toilet while wearing a one piece suit !

8. doomzebra

and your reason for not wearing a practical bikini previously?

9. This thread has inspired me to buy some new swim-wear. I've just bought a rather fetching blue one-piece.

Happy days.

10. errrm,
    no. I wear one because a) it is cooler than a one-piece (in the
    temperature sense) and b) it is nice to have a bit of air on your skin
    and c) it is more comfortable than a one-piece and d) it makes going to the loo easier.

11. doomzebra

whereas I shall be sticking to my Captain Webb all-in-one striped woollen suit, even though it is a bit tight on the arms now

12. Really? That's amazing, well done you! How did you do it? x

13. Yes, well done catmother. The will-power!

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've done it before,many times! However,I will enjoy it while it last.

15. I wish I had that kind of will power, I really admire people who do as I am just terrible when it comes to exercise and dieting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not huge or anything but I do wish I could shift that extra bit of weight... So really well done to you, you have my ultimate respect! [​IMG]

16. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

I'm ready to float on the sea!

[​IMG]

17. Does Bauble know you've been raiding his wardrobe?

18. doomzebra

Feeling suitably chastened, I whole-heartedly withdraw my "attention-seeking" comment [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]
    Now, if we are talking attention-seeking - have you seen that garb that elfie is wearing?

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I actually did wear one too last year. Nobody cares what others look like on the busy beach where I come from (France). There are families/groups of teenagers and old grannies,all mixing and not caring.