1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jewellery with bikinis

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, May 23, 2010.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

The sun is shining and I am off on my first summer hols of 2010 in just 5 weeks.
    So, am thinking bikini bod time.
    Looking around in stores, magazines and on line there always seems to be an essential accessory to the bikini and that is loads of big, long, wooden/glass/plastic necklaces. This puzzles me as I'm not one to accessorise my swimwear with jewellery (matching flip flops, sarong and sunnies for me) and I don't see the point. Nor do I ever see women adorned with jewellery in their bikinis.
    Is it just me or do any of you wear such items on the beach?

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

[​IMG]

Me last year.

3. BelleDuJour

[​IMG]
    You put me to shame!
    (nice Brazillian though!)

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Attention seeker.

5. I'll be doing my usual and swathing myself in fabric this summer. The sun doesn't really agree with me, although I like it in theory...

6. BelleDuJour

I know I really shouldn't respond but to hell with it. Jacob....just what IS your problem? If you don't like my threads don't open them, read them, or comment on them.
    Like many women and girls in the UK (and worldwide) I wear a bikini in the summer. So friggin' what! Like so many people I am going on holiday (taking my two fab grown up kids with me so hardly a '**** out/sangria in' holiday!). So friggin' what?
    I am just puzzled at the idea of wearing loads of jewellery with swimwear. A girlie question and you are, quite clearly, a bloke (bit misogynistic from the sounds of it.....sorry but it's how you come across sometimes).
    The chip on your left shoulder is in seriious danger of joining up with the chip on your right shoulder. Chill out!

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I assumed Jakeys comment was for me...

8. I thought it was about the woman in the picture...

9. BelleDuJour

Apologies if I'm wrong but he has called me an attention seeker before!

10. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Is she wearing gloves to try and retain some sort of modesty?

11. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

You look great in a bikini,AE.

I have seen lots of displays in the shops of holiday clothes and accessories. There is much more choice than there used to be.. If you have a good body, I think simple is sufficient.

We are going to Cornwall on Friday so I will be wearing mainly trainers and waterproof.
    I love the sun too. We sat on in it all day at Kew yesterday - went there early in the morning, had breakfast and dinner there and sat in the shade of a tree. I was covered from head to foot, maxi dress and shoulders covered. Quite a few people were using umberellas (I think parasols need a comeback) but I was shocked last night at the pub by how many people had red backs and shoulders. I mean, I've done it myself ,plenty of times but it is still daft.. My OH's young SIL died from skin cancer a couple of years ago and she went through hell before she died.

Anyway, I don't want to put a further downer on the thread. I like shopping for holiday clothes if I'm going abroad. I usually go to the Monsoon summer sale and buy things half price which (I then wear for work for the rest of the year.apart from the swimwear) Last year we went to Thassos and I loved the sun and visiting beaches but I managed to avoid a tan - I don't want any more skin damage than I already have.I also don't want to age any faster than I already am!

12. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

No, Shifter, to conceal the fact that s/he has man's hands...

13. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Thank you, HW

14. Jacob. This is the Personal forum. It's designed for trivial and dumb-ass threads. Belle's posts aren't harming anyone...

15. jacob, you grumpy old man. Personal IS the place for fluffy threads, you daft apeth.
    Anyway, Belle - I reckon you could kill two birds with one stone if you just went for nipple tassles.

16. Belle, I think your posts are just what many of us need after a day at school. I always look forward to reading them. If you were posting about bogie men taking over the world, I'd probably not read them. Some people enjoy saying what they think, some just criticise what others say. I don't usually wear my bikini in public, but OH looks great in hers, without jewellery.

17. Quite agee CQ. They should be compulsory.

18. I think jewellery with swim-wear looks a tad hoochy.

19. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Just to go back to original question: jewellery with a bikini or other swimwear,would probably mean a suntan with the shape of the jewellery,especially is you waer one of those big necklaces which are in fashion just now.