1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jewellery Storage

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Apr 10, 2011.

1. I was looking for a new jewellery box

I cam across the idea of hanging my jewellery (not on a silly tree)

www.swag-bag.co.uk

There are lower cost ones but I like the look of this

Has anyone else tried this system or similar?

If so ... are they any good

Please note ... we are discussing costume jewellery rather than those items that reside in their own boxes below my delicates and only appear on special occasions

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I don't like the look of it. I have an old mug tree thingie which works fine for necklaces.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I've seen worse ideas, but I'd want to make my own take on it I think!

4. I am not keen on having them hanging on any sort of tree ... dust collection [​IMG]

5. I know what you mean but I am not inclined to start from scratch ... some of the aspects look east but the loops for holding the necklaces/bracelets/etc look harder

6. Asta9

Asta9 New commenter

Yes, I admit the dust problem.

7. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Coutts offer a very good service x

8. Hanging things always look untidy and you can never fit much on them, I find.

9. But this would be inside the wardrobe and seems to hold tons

10. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

I have got a cork board, which I painted to match my bedrrom then put those long handled drawing pins in. I hang my necklaces and bracelets on these. It looks fab

11. oooooooooo
    still dusty but perhaps not quite so much

12. I have coat hooks on the back of my bedroom door, necklaces hang down (colour co-ordinated). Hang dressing gowns over them.

13. Now I did think of that [​IMG]

14. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

Really not dusty at all trust me :)

15. Perhaps you clean the house
    [​IMG]

16. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I've got like a pillar in the bedroom and use pearl-headedpins to hang necklaces there.

17. My sister in law has one of these
    http://www.collectionsetc.com/Product/jewelry-display-and-storage-rack.aspx?cm_mmc=AFFILIATE-_-3JZZZ5-_-0-_-0&mr:trackingCode=&mr:referralID=
    and it works well I'm sure there is a little dust, but minimal. Necklaces and bracelets hang off the bottom.

18. thanks for the suggestions
    I think I prefer my original because of the softer fabric approach

19. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I was thinking that there's probably some sort of gadget that hangs up in a wardrobe like the other hangers, and if there's not, there should be.
    But I suppose it's just about a tie-rack.
    Bang goes another invention.

20. LoL
    there are quite a few jewellery hangers out there that just hang in the wardrobe but I would worry about the clothes either side getting caught