1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jesus Christ Superstar

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes. She's very easy on the eye but I also wish she'd stop calling everyone 'Jesus' [​IMG]

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I am wondering if as well as casting Jesus, ALW might be looking to cast some of the other 'minor' roles from this show.
    We know who is playing Judas and Herod....(and Mary)....and soon we'll know who will play Jesus......but what about SImon-Peter?....Pilate?....Caiaphas?....Simon Zealot?
    Looking at the hopefuls I can see it might be possibe that one or more of them could be offered one of these roles (with the added possibility of understudying Jesus!)
    (I'm just watching the film version of Superstar on ITV3......slightly dated...but wow could Carl Anderson sing!....(Ted Neeley too!))

3. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Well, well, well Nathan is out. It was very obvious that ALW was annoyed with him - I love that he has to let it be known! Have to say that his swan song was absolutely superb though.

4. Yes - that was cracking viewing (the confrontation) I thought Nathan was a ******, but there's no denying he's a pretty amazing singer.

5. I watched for the first time last night, and that's only because Gary Barlow was on (possibly as a favour to ALW to try & boost flagging ratings?!) My son & I were sad that Justin Lee Jesus went out, beating Cat-Eyes Jesus in the sing-off, but would like to wish every success to Cat-Eyes, Biker Jesus, Philippino Jesus and Posh Jesus in the semifinal!

6. Loving the nicknames. Especially Justin Lee Jesus. :)

7. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I like Lion King Jesus best.

8. So does Dawn French...

9. What did he do...?

10. he's a great singer but last night was the first time I heard his lisp in his singing and it put me off a bit.

11. angiebabe

Apparently he was a bit of a diva backstage and upset someone about the number of ticket allocated. Also ALW said something about tweeting and showing himself with the crown of thorns.

12. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Ok I get Cat Eyes but who are the rest ?

13. I've only seen it once, so not entitrely sure of real names! I think Biker is Ben, Posh is David (the one who sings a bit like Will Young), but no idea what Phillipino's name is! He looks dark & smouldering.

14. modelmaker

modelmaker Star commenter

Is this the trash that was on tonight when I went down to refill my glass? I think there was something I heard about whistling down the wind. Have you ever tried it? Why would you bother? It seems to me that it's not a dissimilar thing to trying to light a fag in a strong wind.
    Common sense would tell you to turn away from the wind when you light your fags or whistle for your dog, or wife.

15. Oh, shut up.

16. modelmaker, sorry to hear about your wind problem. Perhaps you should try chewing gum instead of smoking. I bet you secretly watch the programme upstairs and feign ignorance. Come on, your secret's safe with us..............(or is it?)

17. angiebabe

Well I am glad Ben won but I would have liked any of the last 4.

18. Oh drat, I wanted Roger to win. I watched all of it and loved it, didn't find it trashy at all, nothing like x factor or the like. Even my son loved it and he normally HATES that kind of show.
    Missed the final as I was on a plane [​IMG]
    Ben was good, though. I did have a sneaky feeling he would win, and he is from the NE, so that is good [​IMG]
    All of the last 4 were brilliant and I am sure all will go far (I hated it last night, Rory was not as good in the sing-off but got through, but hey, Andrew will give them all a job).

19. Just watched The Story of the Musicals
    Apparently they had a similar contest to find the original actor back in the 60s.
    Won by Paul Nicholas (Remember Just Good Friends) [​IMG]

20. Double post - but got an error.