1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jesus Christ Superstar

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Anyone watching this?
    My favourite is the gorgeous Rory - m m m m
    Also like John and David
    And of course Ben and Tim

2. angiebabe

Anyone watching this?
    My favourite is the gorgeous Rory - m m m m
    Also like John and David
    And of course Ben and Tim

3. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Watched a couple of episodes - not last weekend but the weekend before. Thought it was dreadful. Made my sons promise not to let me watch any more![​IMG]

4. I started a thread on this which died a sad and lonely death. I've been watching it, but the format is different to all the others and I don't love it so much. It feels too rushed - none of the drama of the old series' contestant exits.

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I've been watching it too but it has been very much on in the background. There is just too much of it with an hour and a half on at a time.
    The quality of the singing has been generally good and I like the songs that they have picked, in the main. Dawn French is entertaining on the panel. I'm not ready to pick a favourite yet - I can't remember the names.

6. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Totally agree. When it was a weekly thing, you felt there was development and could see what they were getting up to in the week. This daily thing is actually starting to bore me. I also agree that the fact that the rejects just wander off stage is disappointing...

7. Yes. I love a bit of emoting, and that's totally lacking in this series. They don't even make the losers sing on the way out! I suppose I'll watch it 'til the end, but it doesn't have my full attention.

8. angiebabe

It is a chore to fit in the hour and a half. I have to record it, cant bear to watch all the ads or the recap and sometimes Jason Donovan just needs to SHUT UP! Weekly would have been much better.
    Answer me this - the bottom 2 sing a duet but how can they rehearse their parts if they don't know they are in the bottom 2? Do you think they rehearse both parts and then are told at the last minute which part to sing? It would have to be very last minute if the thing is live as they claim.

9. I am an avid fan of shows like this (my guilty pleasure!) I love X factor, BGT etc and was glued to Marua, Joseph, Nancy etc..but this superstar leaves me cold! Not sure why?? It's not the singing, because they are all quite good I think. It's just so...boring!

10. ah - this had passed me by, and i was just going to ask which channel, but............

11. angiebabe

Sorry impluce - but I think Nathan should go tonight. He is just too 'predictably' Jesus and that's not what ALW is looking for.
    Also think it could be Niall or the Jeff to go soon.

12. Hmmm yes you might be right, I am biased by the fact that he looks like Thor.

13. LittleBrownBear

LittleBrownBear New commenter

Although I think I will have to fight Dawn French for him, Roger is my favourite. Saw him in the Lion King and OMG - his voice is amazing, much better in reality than on the TV and appears to be such a nice bloke.
    Glad ALW kept him in last night [​IMG]

14. I agree angiebabe, bit hard to keep watching every night when episodes are SO long. Missed it last night, who was sent home?

15. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Having caught the last bit of this last night, I am very suspicious indeed - the three who had to sing together appeared to know exactly what part to sing, despite allegedly not knowing until it was announced who the bottom three were. Just how many combinations of bottom three could they possibly rehearse and get it right?
    Clearly something underhand went on.

16. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I ' ve had a feeling that Roger is there for a reason in a kind of ' he was always going to make it through way !' I like Ben and thought Rory's ' Roxanne ' was fab but the ' Lord ' said something negative about his failure to relate to the girls on the set ( likening them to Mary Magdelene ) and he found himself in the bottom 2 . Yes -am taking this too seriously !

17. angiebabe

Yes - my thoughts exactly. I said this when there were only 2 in thye singoff. Wish they wouldn't treat the audience as dim. Its that old voting thing all over again. Are they taking money but playing around with the results. All the ones who have gone certainly didnt look shocked, perhaps they have already be offered new roles in the west end?

18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Is it just me or does anyone else think Amanda Holden just doesn't cut it as a solo presenter? She's just not got what it takes on her own.
    I don't like the format. Too rushed as others have said. Like a mix of the old format, X FActor and BGT all rolled into one. I have neither the time nor inclination to watch it night after night.

19. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Yes, it does require a bit of a commitment, doesn't it?

20. angiebabe

I don't mind Amanda Holden but I do hate the 'shouty' thing that presenters seemed doomed to do.
    She does have lovely shoulders too! Not that that is a prerequisite for a good presenter [​IMG]