1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jerry Hall

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dunteachin, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

She (59) has just got engaged to Rupert Murdoch (84). Now, it can't be for the money, can it? She's worth an estimated 10 million. And it, surely, can't be for his looks? So, is it for his sparkling wit and the hot sex? Or is she just lonely?
    I can't think of any other reason. :eek:

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I don't think 10 million is that much for someone in her 'position'.

A couple of properties and few weeks in the Caribbean will make huge inroads into that.

4. Kerry_Muir

Kerry_Muir New commenter

"So, Jerry Hall, what was it that first attracted you to billionaire Rupert Murdoch?"

5. Dunteachin

So, is it for the money, then?

I couldn't. I just couldn't.

Unless a paper bag was involved.

InkyP and cosmosinfrance like this.
  6. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I couldn't even with a paper bag.

They don't seem the most likely couple.

7. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

He's 84 - what's not to like? :D

8. grumpydogwoman

Do you smoke, Rupert? Drink? Fancy another couple of large glasses?

I'd be getting him a motorbike and sending him bungee-jumping.

ScotSEN likes this.
  9. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Who are wildly successful, ambitious, hard driving Alpha people expected to bang if not other hard charging Alphas? Not us, certainly.

10. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

Perhaps she's hoping to, um, you know, him to death

upload_2016-1-12_12-23-43.jpeg

Doesn't look as if it would take much

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

If he doesn't it would make @cosmosinfrance 's 84 look more like 48.

12. Dunteachin

I expect they'll have separate rooms. Like the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. It'll be platonic, no doubt, and the lawyers will be circling.
    But, hey, grab happiness where you can!

13. Dunteachin

Actually, if I could have a no touching or kissing clause in the pre-nup, I might consider it. It wouldn't be for very long, would it?

14. grumpydogwoman

Not if you bought him a trekking holiday in the Outback or swimming with crocodiles.

ScotSEN likes this.
  15. Dunteachin

A slow striptease on the wedding night should do it.

Although, I wouldn't like to see him in a basque...

16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Mick Jagger to Rupert Murdoch.......................who's she kidding?
    IMO her biggest mistake was dumping the gorgeous Bryan Ferry for Jagger. In the words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman 'Big mistake'!

17. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

ScotSEN likes this.
  18. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I am the same age as Jerry. I heard the announcement on the radio and thought I must have heard it incorrectly. Yuk, yuk, yuk - it would be like marrying your dad and at this age most of us are looking at our parents (if we still have them) as needing care and support from us. Some of us have parents in care homes too. Just can't get my head around it. Yuk, yuk, yuk. Sorry.

19. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I don't like Murdock. I think he has been a big negative to the world with his misogynistic, gutter press Sun newspaper, criminal journalists, support to extreme right wing economics, you name it, --- but I'm going to speak up for him here. I don't see anything unseemly in him and Hall getting together. Why shouldn't they? Hall has a lot of money (I didn't know this) so she is not exactly gold digging. Also I'm old myself and I can tell you I'm not too old yet!

There is nought so queer as folk, and here we have such an example, not because of their getting together, but because of how they have lived their lives, particularly Hall, in the public gaze and the fact that Murdock seems to have no qualms in controlling so much of all of our lives through his manipulation of politics and governments. I hope we all remember how Blair made a trip to Australia to speak to Murdock before the first election and obtained the support of the Sun in the ensuing election! Clearly that was when he convinced Murdock how he was the spawn of Thatcher, and earning the monica Tony B. Liar right from the word go! (Liar to the Labour party and the electorate, not Murdock)

I don't know how some of these people sleep at night but a few like Bill and Melinda Gates have ploughed a lot of their money back into worthwhile causes, so well done to them. I hope Hall has the same influence on Murdock, as Melinda had on Bill. Time will tell, or maybe one of Murdock's spin doctors.

PS. --- I wonder how many people here remember what was Hall's breakthrough into the public domain anyway?

20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I hope if we live to 84 that I'll not be too old either for continued fun and games with Mr Marlin - he's the same age as me and so would be 84 too. My meaning didn't come across clearly - it's the age difference at this time in both their lives I find hard to come to terms with.

Mind you, neither of them will care a hoot about what I think! ;)

ScotSEN likes this.