1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Clarkson?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Effinbankers, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Established commenter

Has to be sacked if the case of Jonathon Ross is a benchmark - that was supposedly in humour also.
    He forgets he is also a public sector worker as a BBC employee.

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

That benchmark might drift, as JC is a friend of Cameron . . . it'll be interesting to see what happens.

3. Forgot that :)

4. Exactly.
    So not only a complete @*sehole, but an absolute m0r0n as well.

5. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

exactly

6. I am always asking my kids in my class whether their issues are BIG deals or LITTLE deals...

In this case it is obviously a little deal... what difference does it really make, joke or otherwise?

7. ryeland

ryeland New commenter

Oh no - he knows what he is doing. The comment above re trolls is spot on.

8. of course he knows what he is doing, he wouldn't be in the job he is in if he was pink and fluffy all the time - the fact that he is controversial gets him noticed and gets him the job.

In the case of J Ross, i feel he went too far in phoning someone up, and so he should have lost his job, but he is another tv personality that is in the job exactly because he is controversial!

9. Erm...that does not make it right...

10. like i said in my first post though, is it a big deal or a little deal? i dont think it is a big deal at all and i get frustrated at the way the newspapers constantly call for people to be sacked for every little thing!

11. Maybe about time we should think about what is accepted as acceptable???...I thought what the pillock did was stupid and wrong - and if the bore becomes a scapegoat...good...byebye to a figure who represents a past age. His time is over...

12. Effinbankers

Clarkson is a tw*t. An overpaid one.
    The strike comments weren't very clever, but the suicide ones were pretty sick, particularly in a week where suicides and mental illness have been high profile.

13. What suicides ones?

14. i can tell that you really dont like him, me personally i dont really care, i have an issue with the way he is perceived by the newspapers who sniff around gagging for a story. what he said was not really that bad in the grand scheme of things really, i am sure that you have said things that other people may have disagreed with, but have you been hounded to be sacked?

15. True - but I don't earn millions, have a prime time bbc program and appear on The One Show...c'mon..

16. by saying that are you suggesting that he lives by different rules? people in his position should not be allowed to make mistakes, jokes or hold and express opinions which others may find questionable?

17. Erm...where you getting this from? He is a businesmen - also employed by us - he is a public servant ***. He should not be allowed to insult us on tv - what is it next? Blacks or Jews? *** - you for real?
    I do not want to turn on tv after marching for my future to be told I should be shot in front of my children - yes - it is a big joke - but this has gone too far - he is a millionaire while the admin in our schools earn pennies..get real

18. By ignoring the comment for the ill-though out "joke" that it was it will disappear into obscurity and the public sector can continue to fight the important stuff.

By calling for him to be sacked etc, the troll gets the attention he craves, he gets hired again by other stations and the public attention is drawn away from the real issues.

But there ya go. Guess what is likely to happen?

I'd laugh, but I find the public reaction to this almost as sickening as the comment itself.

Fight the primary issues, ignore the detractors.

19. Very true Cheesy - just loathe the guy...

20. Effinbankers

He had a "laugh" at those who commit suicide in front of a train. He said that drivers shouldn't bother stopping.