1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jeffrey Epstein

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spoofer4114, Jul 9, 2019.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah but if the Epstein conspiracy theories had centred on Russia... I suspect the NYT would have treated them a lot more seriously... maybe taken part in three years of endless campaigning, portraying every action as part of a grand narrative etc.

artboyusa likes this.
  2. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

My favourite part is how the Times finger-waggingly warns us, even while the FBI investigation is ongoing, against unfounded conspiracy theories.

FWIW my suspicion is that, yes, Epstein had plenty of reasons to kill himself and its 99% likely he did. But I also think there are plenty of people with plenty of reasons to try to help him do it by ensuring he had the means available and every possible opportunity to use them.

It reminds me of the Abe Reles case. Back in 1941 Reles was a Mafia hitman who turned government informant/witness to save himself from the electric chair. The NYPD had him in protective custody, under 24/7 guard at a hotel out on Coney Island. The night before he was due to testify against one of the top Mafia bosses in NY he managed to fall six storeys out the window of the hotel.

The official story is that he was trying to escape. No one really believed that and the unfounded conspiracy theory, which everyone believed, is that the Mafia paid the cops $1000K to not be around and to not see anything while their goons dropped Reles out the window. And that's still the official story.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

https://www.foxnews.com/us/forensic-pathologist-jeffrey-epstein-homicide-suicide

upload_2019-10-30_16-57-33.png

The body of disgraced money man and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who was found dead in his Manhattan federal prison cell in August, bore telltale signs of homicide despite an official ruling that he killed himself, a pioneering forensic pathologist revealed to “Fox & Friends” in an exclusive interview Wednesday.

The bombshell claim by Dr. Michael Baden, a former New York City medical examiner who has worked on high-profile cases during a five-decade medical career, is certain to reignite suspicions that surfaced immediately after Epstein, who was awaiting trial on federal sex-trafficking charges involving underage girls, was discovered dead in his cell on Aug. 10. Baden, who was hired by Epstein’s brother and observed the autopsy, told Fox News its findings are more consistent with homicidal strangulation than suicidal hanging. He noted that the 66-year-old Epstein had two fractures on the left and right sides of his larynx, specifically the thyroid cartilage or Adam’s apple, as well as one fracture on the left hyoid bone above the Adam’s apple, Baden told Fox News.

“Those three fractures are extremely unusual in suicidal hangings and could occur much more commonly in homicidal strangulation,” Baden, who is also a Fox News contributor, said.

While there’s not enough information to be conclusive yet, the three fractures were “rare,” said Baden, who's probed cases involving O.J. Simpson, President John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, record producer Phil Spector, New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez and many others.

“I’ve not seen in 50 years where that occurred in a suicidal hanging case,” the 85-year-old medical legend told Fox News.

artboyusa and Spoofer4114 like this.
  4. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Jeffrey who? Weren't we all supposed to just memory hole him five minutes after he was suicided?

lanokia likes this.
  5. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Yes, handy to forget someone who fortuitously 'suicided' whilst awaiting trial; someone who was accused of paedophilia and who would have known a whole lot of people who were also in the ring!

lanokia likes this.
  6. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

So here's Amy Robach, big time US news anchor, griping to her team about how she had the whole Epstein thing nailed down back in 2015 but the network spiked the story because it didn't meet their standards of corroboration (you know, the standards of corroboration they didn't apply to Brett Kavanaugh) but anyway, and I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, Epstein didn't kill himself...
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...at_network_quashed_jeffrey_epstein_story.html
    There's also Robach's statement flat out denying what she says on the tape. I guess she wants to live too, just like anyone else. Just like Jeffrey.

8. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Sorry, I typed 2015 by mistake. It was 2016. That was the year the wife of Bill Clinton, whom Robach says they "had", was running for president.
    But for some reason, who knows why, ABC killed the story.

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Just seen it myself...

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

11. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

12. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Incomplete list. Leaves out "Brett Kavanaugh ran secret dope and rape gang while he was in high school", among others.

13. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Occasional commenter

14. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Yeah, for some reason. Funny how the MSM went all quiet once they worked out they couldn't somehow tie Epstein to Trump.
    And now it looks like the "leaker" they fired isn't the leaker at all.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/fired-cbs-news-staffer-jeffrey-epstein
    Man, she is so going to file a law suit and she is so going to make millions when they settle out of court. NFW those networks ever want to go to the the discovery process about this sick business.