1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jeffrey Epstein

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spoofer4114, Jul 9, 2019.

1. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Pure deflection. Frum's support of the invasion of Iraq has no bearing on whether or not his criticisms of Donald Trump are legitimate, and in my view they are spot-on. I suspect you know they are too, hence your ad hominem attacks on Frum, rather than the arguments and evidence he puts forward.

2. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Pfffttt...like his UK counterpart Alastair Campbell, David Frum is an amoral grifter who will say whatever whoever pays him tells him to say. He has had no direct experience of working in government since he was fired from his White House job in 2002. He has no personal knowledge of Trump or Trump's administration, he only has opinions. And his opinions are not even his own; they're recycled commonplaces that you can hear anytime, anywhere, every day - even around here. They are only 'spot on' if you think something becomes spot on because you've heard it a million times before. Or if you're desperate for a hot fix of confirmation bias.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

And the only reason you are backing Frum is because he is saying stuff you now agree with and you choose to ignore his record.

What persuaded you to overlook Frum's record of deceit just because he is now saying stuff you like?

Laphroig and artboyusa like this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

5. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

6. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Its going to be all the lowpayovertime jailers' fault, yes?

7. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

artboyusa likes this.
  9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Multiple broken bones in his neck... OK you might be saying, well he did 'hang' himself...

Yeah, he hung himself by leaning out from the wall. The cell was high enough to drop hang so he leaned out, cutting off the blood to his head. Injuries more in keeping with strangulation.

Broken bones don't match with the account being given by authorities.

10. MAGAorMIGA

You go on Sargon of Akkad's Youtube channel? Wow. You ARE down the rabbit hole, aren't you?

Spoofer4114 likes this.
  11. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Did you watch it? If not, why not? What are you scared of?

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Huh?

No comment on anything... just a weak dig. If you can find anything incorrect let me know but since you seem to think David Frum is a reliable commentator I won't hold my breath.

artboyusa likes this.
  13. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

This case just piles suspicion on top of corruption on top of weirdness. No wonder AG Barr has ordered the DOJ Inspector General to investigate Epstein's death alongside the FBI. It's almost like he doesn't entirely trust them or something.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/att...ting-jeffrey-epstein-suicide-2019-8?r=US&IR=T
    And did you see this?
    Epstein had bizarre painting of Bill Clinton in dress, heels in townhouse
    https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/epste...-of-bill-clinton-in-dress-heels-in-townhouse/

14. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

"People also search for Mark Meechan, Tommy Robinson, Paul Joseph Watson..."

15. MAGAorMIGA

I'm afraid of the way the language and assumptions of the Far Right are being normalized and all-pervasive in everyday political conversation. I see it in the students I teach, who now use terms like "snowflakes" in scornful derision of those who disapprove of the use of violence or who stick up for unpopular minorities, and "triggered" when people lost their temper at hearing racist/borderline racist or homophobic slurs. The Internet has allowed Far Right commentators to make their dialogue normal, and I find that difficult to deal with.

16. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Please define 'far right'. To what positions should one cleave in order to be 'far right'? And which positions make you 'far left'? And why is one better than the other, if one is?
    And you didn't answer the original question. If you didn't watch/listen to the Sargon video, why not? And if you did, to what did you object?

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

None of that is in the video... it's an outline of who Jeffrey Epstein is.

I'm sorry but you've really bought into a narrative here. And not trying to dismiss your experience, but in my experience, I've yet to hear students/pupils using terms like 'snowflake' or 'triggered'.

18. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

I too have yet to meet these students.

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Closest I've come was eye-rolls from year 9 boys when we discussed ''Feminism'' in a modern issues module we did.

And that was a lot better than I was expecting.

artboyusa likes this.
  20. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Breaking news from the NYT...
    Jeffrey Epstein Autopsy Results Show He Hanged Himself in Suicide
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...himself-in-suicide/ar-AAFUn8B?ocid=spartanntp
    Well, we knew that already. The real kicker is in the text:
    The official results of an autopsy showed that the financier Jeffrey Epstein killed himself in his Manhattan jail cell, the city’s medical examiner’s office said on Friday, determining that the cause of death was suicide by hanging.
    Mr. Epstein’s death had set off a wave of unfounded conspiracy theories, as people speculated online, without evidence, that he may have been killed to keep him from providing information to prosecutors about others in his social circle, including President Trump, former President Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew of Britain.
    But on Friday, the chief medical examiner in New York City, Dr. Barbara Sampson, released a terse statement saying that, after an autopsy and a “careful review of all investigative information,” she had determined the cause of Mr. Epstein’s death was “hanging” and the manner was “suicide.”

…"unfounded conspiracy theories" huh? I didn't know that it was the job of a newspaper to make that determination for us, but its the NYT and since the Times is the establishment's stenographer and mouthpiece we better take that as the official word. Shut up with your unfounded conspiracy theories you and move along. Nothing suspicious here, nothing at all. Move along I said. Or else.