1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jeffrey Epstein

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spoofer4114, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Can't anyone comment on Trump's alleged involvement without prefacing it with something about Clinton now? I personally haven't seen any evidence that 'democrat Twitter' has been desperate to smear trump while protecting Clinton. What I have seen a lot of is tweets that are generally suggesting that both trump and clinton should be thrown into the sun already.

And a far higher number of tweets criticising the language that has been used around these allegations. "Sex workers" instead of trafficked minors. "Adolescent women" instead of underage girls... You get the picture.

It's almost like when a 16 year old like Greta Thunberg stands up and speaks eloquently and passionately about a complex topic in front of a crowd of adults, she is reduced to a mere girl, a puppet, someone who is being used as a political pawn, doesn't know her own mind....
    When a 14 year old girl comes forward and states that she was abused and raped, she's clearly older than her years, she knew what she was doing, there's nothing wrong with finding someone like her attractive, it's practically normal for a red-blooded man, it's not like she's pre-pubescent...

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You can comment what you like... but why else did Bill Clinton have to put out a statement distancing himself?

And just because you haven't seen twitter reacting ... so it isn't? Interesting you using that argument. You've not personally seen it so it isn't happening...

And what has Greta Thunberg got to do with this? That is distasteful...
    Speaking of distasteful.

I struggle to understand what your point is here. I don't even know why you quoted me. Maybe don't if this is where you want to go with a conversation.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well she has to be right at least once in her life.

AckyWacky likes this.
  4. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Oh sorry, I didn’t realise we were only allowed to comment in such a way that you approve of. I quoted you to counter your experience with mine. Sorry that attempt to insert some balance was not what you wanted to hear.

And again, terribly sorry for following up your point about what you see going on over on Twitter with something that I see going on over there.

I realise that this is now not allowed.

5. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

A fake? Gee Frank, nothing gets past you, does it?

newposter likes this.
  6. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Coulter's comments seem pretty spot on.

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

8. vannie

vannie Star commenter

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Yes... I saw that in the link I posted.

artboyusa likes this.
  10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Aaah. Good o then.

11. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Established commenter

It's entirely plausible that Bill Clinton belongs behind bars over all this. Thing is, he isn't the sitting president. He didn't appoint the Labour Secretary that gave Epstein his last sweetheart deal. If you've got the evidence, stick Clinton in jail, no skin off my nose. But you'd better make damn sure Trump is right there with him, 'cause if slick Willie is in this up to his neck, Donny boy can't find the surface with a periscope.

bombaysapphire, MAGAorMIGA and cissy3 like this.
  12. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Except the person who gave major Democrat donor Epstein his original sweetheart deal was the Palm Beach County Democrat prosecutor who offered Epstein a year's probation for soliciting prostitution back in 2006.
    When local police wouldn't go along with this farce, it fell to US Attorney Acosta to take the case. The outcome was that Epstein plead guilty, got 2 years in jail, became a registered sex offender and paid compensation to his victims.

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Looks like wikipedia is having references to Clinton removed from the Epstein entry.
    upload_2019-7-10_21-9-33.png
    People complained ... including this tweeter and the page was restored to a version that mentioned Clinton.

Of course... none of this really happened [wwwwooooooo ~wiggle fingers conspiratorially] /s

artboyusa likes this.
  14. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Established commenter

An edit war on wikipedia is worthy of discussion? Seriously? The author of the tweet clearly doesn't understand how wikipedia works. Think an edit is wrong? Revert it, explain why on the talk page.

15. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

It looks a bit that way when you look at the revision history page! (Not that I'm clued up on this stuff)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Jeffrey_Epstein&action=history

Going back to twitter, I liked this from @John Fugelsang:

Neither Bill Clinton nor Donald Trump have been implicated in this #epsteinindictment but-

If Clinton was found to have abused girls w/Epstein, his base would reject him.

If Trump was found to have abused girls w/Epstein, his base would reject the findings.

16. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Occasional commenter

This is not just about Trump and Clinton. Here is a photo of a man up close and comfortable with one of the under aged girls at the centre of the story. This transcends politics.

upload_2019-7-11_11-56-3.png

Whilst this is major news in the US, all I am reading about in the UK in terms of royalty are complaints about Meghan Markle wanting privacy.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    BetterNow, cissy3 and MAGAorMIGA like this.
  17. Spoofer4114

18. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

To be fair a passing fly will cause a distraction for Trump, "oooh, look...."

grumpydogwoman and cissy3 like this.
  19. Spoofer4114

20. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter