1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jedward to win Eurovision!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Middlemarch, May 14, 2011.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

There are a few people who, when they appear on TV, engender in me the immediate urge to take a large mallet and smash them right in the face with it.
    Thatcher
    Michael Gove
    Sarah Palin
    Derek Hatton
    Michael Barrymore
    ...And Jedward.

2. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Not being an X Factor viewer I saw them for the first time this week and I echo Middlemarch's feelings.

About the only bonus I can see is that if they're singing at least they're not talking. A couple of talentless little oiks.

3. And if they DO win [​IMG], how the hell will Ireland manage to scrape together the money to stage the 2012 final?

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

For me, Eurovision has long ago lost all credibility as a serious singing show/competition. The very fact that Jedward have been chosen to represent Ireland just goes to confirm my opinion.

I will not be watching the programme.

I do enjoy a little 'trashy' TV...I love The Apprentice, and will sometimes veg-out in front of BGT or X-Factor.....but Eurovision? No thanks - especially not with Jedward performing.

5. Oh, come now! Jedward could power the Irish economy out of recession. I believe Abba did wonders for the Swedish economy after they won Eurovision.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'd find it really amusing if they won. I hate Eurovision, but may well watch it tonight!

7. Middlemarch

ABBA and Jedward - yeah, they're the same.

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I see the UK is represented by a boy band who sing out of their noses.

9. Reminds me of the Father Ted episode where Ted and Dougal's song is chosen as Ireland's entry to ensure that Ireland didn't win! Brilliant.

10. Middlemarch

My lovely horse...

11. Sorry, but I find both Jedward and the song excrutiatingly painful.
    I have not heard Blue yet.
    I have heard Lena, of course, and think she should do well, although not sure if she can repeat last year.
    But Jedward are awful!
    All I can say is, if the Eurovision is taking place anywhere near you, move away. We can't move an inch here!