1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jeddah

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by brigelle, Nov 16, 2011.

1. brigelle

brigelle New commenter

Does anyone have any information on a school in Jeddah that is advertising this week?
    Thank you.

2. Hippo - I now plan to visit this restaurant to see if it is good as you remember. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Whenever I see the bike roundabout I am reminded of Michael Palin and his '80 Days Around the World', as he filmed his Saudi piece from that roundabout. Em, I think that is about all it is famous for....

To the OP - the school also provide a generous travel allowance (2k GBP) a year so that you can leave the country at every opportunity if you so wish. My advice would be to go for it, as long as you do your homework.

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Well, it was quite a few years ago now and yours truly was a much younger hippopotamus then. However, my wife and I do have some happy memories of our time in Jeddah, not the least of which was our hike up Moon Mountain with a group of friends and our little Fox Terrier. I also miss the crazy sculptures on the roundabouts in Jeddah. As Michael Palin rightly comments, who can say that the Saudis have no sense of humour? At that awful place known as D** A* F*** school, I had the dubious distinction of teaching one of Osama Bin Laden's nephews and catching one junior member of the Saudi royal family skiving prayers and having a fag with his mates behind the faculty building.

4. I think that, for the benefit of non-Commonwealth citizens, it should be pointed out that 'fag' is Brit-speak for a cigarette...
    Unless, of course, the boys were not engaged in smoking...