1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jealous Colleagues

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by debity, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hello,

Has anyone had experience of working with a jealous colleague?

Recently, I've come across someone in my work environment who is ( I've been told) extremely jealous of me. Has anyone encountered this type of negative behavior.

Personally, I think jealous behavior is a waste of energy!

2. Hello,

Has anyone had experience of working with a jealous colleague?

Recently, I've come across someone in my work environment who is ( I've been told) extremely jealous of me. Has anyone encountered this type of negative behavior.

Personally, I think jealous behavior is a waste of energy!

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

The key words here are the ones I've put in bold.

4. Hi, I agree that jealousy is very negative, unfortunately it does happen. I would take it with a pinch of salt however as you say (I've been told).
    I was also told this, and it turned out to not be true. I was left out of a social gathering and was told it was due to jealousy when, in fact it had nothing to do with it.
    Just be pleasant and professional to everyone (as I am sure you always will be) and let others think what they like. Jealousy can rear its head for many reasons, sometimes for something as simple as having a good relationship with students.
    If this person is truly being negative leave them to it, they are the ones that end up needing pity.
    Good Luck.

5. Be positive - it might not be jealousy at all .....

maybe they just don't like you?