1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

je suis un rock star

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by derekdalek, Apr 3, 2011.

1. derekdalek

derekdalek New commenter

PM me and Imay be able to help

2. Hi Derek!
    I read the query on the forum and saw your reply. Is it still possible to get these videos, as I've tried everywhere and can't get access to them.

Jane

3. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Teachers TV has moved to here http://www.schoolsworld.tv/videos/

4. derekdalek

derekdalek New commenter

I have them. If you pm me and send me a datastick/prepaid adressed envelope I will copy them and send them to you.

5. <u>Une</u> rock star......

6. Je confirme lol

7. Je confirme lol

8. ojala

ojala New commenter

A lot of people have got it wrong then - see here

9. Thank you Ojala, that is where I orginally got it from. The actual titles at the start of each episode has it as un not une.

10. ''Star'' = Nom f&eacute;minin.
    On dit : Une star, une rock star.
    I don't understand how it can be written that way on so many pages. [​IMG]

11. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Because that is the name of the original programme, that's why. No need for acute pedantism here...

12. Me pedant? lol
    sorry I didn't mean to come across that way, I just find it odd.
    Anyway, I was about to go on a diet, one look at ur pic and ..... I think I'll start tomorrow.

13. Hey Noemie,
    I've been offered a place on PGCE French Secondary!!!
    I'm so happy !
    How was your PGCE year? Any advice?
    Je suis une boule de nerfs!
    I totally agree ... that Dave, a true philosopher ! [​IMG]

14. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Hmm, to be honest PGCE was a bit of a rough one, particularly the second placement! But it was all uphill from then, NQT year was really good (a good mentor helps!) and I've not looked back. So stick it out, even if it's hard (or if, like me, you get told you're not going to pass the course just two days before an observation!). Be organised (I love stationery) and remember that a really good teacher spends their energy in the lesson, not in making resources until stupid o'clock in the morning (that's what I forgot, hence the nightmare experience).
    Get yourself on twitter over the summer - there are plenty of mfl teachers who share lots of experiences and ideas through their blogs and pass on really good links. I'm @mfl_noemie on there if you want to find me.
    Congrats on making it on the course, I'm sure you'll do really well, you already sound interested and interesting!