1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Janet Evanovitch

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Oct 12, 2010.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Any other fans out there? I'm laughing so much I could cry...
    and I've only read the first page.

2. Have been a fan for years. She always makes me laugh. Team Ranger or Team Morelli?

3. Yes! I giggled through most of them, although the ones she writes with her mates aren't so good. I'm a bit envious that you have so many still to read.

4. Morelli. Ranger is too smug.

5. Did you know she's started a new series based on the Seven Deadly Sins? Anyone read the first one yet?

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

?

I'e read them all, and in order too.
    I agree about the ones she writes with her mates but I don't really think about them.

As for those men, I'm a Morelli fan. In fact, mr inky and I play 'Would he be a good Morelli?' whenever we're doing stuff like watching football. We've yet to come up with the real thing, though. I can see him in my mind's eye. George Clooney is so not right for the part. He's too old and stiff and he hasnt got the curly hair or the twinkle. My ideal Ranger would be Carlos Acosta.

7. They are currently making the film. I think that Katherine Heigl (sp) has been cast as Stephanie.

8. It is worth getting them as talking books, the actress who reads them is very good THe last one I listened to had an interview with the author herself. Team Morelli, I think. And I love Grandma Mazur.

9. Sherri Shepherd has been cast as Lula. Today is Stephanie Plum's birthday. August 12th is Ranger's. In no way can I be considered a fan![​IMG]

10. Morelli's?

11. When you said you were on the first page I thought they were a new discovery.

12. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

Wohooooo Im a big fan!!!
    Have you read the inbetween the numbers book too? e.g plum lucky.
    Im in the Morelli camp, love Grandma Mazur and also Mooner.
    The one that had me in stitches when i first read it was the first one with Sally Sweet, the images in my head where hysterical! I really did laugh out loud!

13. inky

inky Lead commenter

I don't like them.

14. Crystalsecrets

They arent as good as the full books but i like the fact they are themed around the holidays.

15. Love the Plum series- Team Morelli (I even have the tshirt) and always had Sherri Shepherd or Mo'nique as Lula. I bought them all when I lived in the US and mailed them back to my best friend in the UK so she could read them.
    Metro girl (own the keyring) is also lots of fun although the sequel is only so-so.

16. Oh yes. I disgraced myself once by hooting and shrieking helplessly with laughter - while reading in a cafe.
    Thinking about having either a Grandma Mazur or a Big Blue in my life gives me the shivers.

17. I used to love these books...off to the library I think!!

18. inky

inky Lead commenter

There's a new one out called Sizzling Sixteen. Mr inky beat me to it but he says it's a good one. Vinnie gets kidnapped.

19. Crystalsecrets

I'm upping this as i've just finished Smokin Seventeen.
    So who has read it? and what did you think?

I enjoyed it but felt that parts of it were rushed, i also guessed straight away who the baddie was going to be.
    But the usual characters provided a laugh, still love Grandma and her desperation to see inside caskets, [​IMG]