1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jamies's next idealistic dream

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kirstenpankhurst, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Is anyone else irritated with the advertised new Jamie Oliver programme about his dream school starting next week? 'Can star teachers really make star pupils?' I wonder if those 'stars' will also be given hardly any planning time, a minuscule budget, an hour free a week for a cup of tea and a teacher's salary. AS IF!! If it turns into a, 'see how the awful teachers in this country are ruining lives' tirade I shall be seriously angry!!! Not sure if I should put myself through watching it or not...

2. Is anyone else irritated with the advertised new Jamie Oliver programme about his dream school starting next week? 'Can star teachers really make star pupils?' I wonder if those 'stars' will also be given hardly any planning time, a minuscule budget, an hour free a week for a cup of tea and a teacher's salary. AS IF!! If it turns into a, 'see how the awful teachers in this country are ruining lives' tirade I shall be seriously angry!!! Not sure if I should put myself through watching it or not...

3. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

You've missed the three threads on Opinion on this very subject, then?

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

He's going to do a programme called 'Jamie's dream hospital', wherein a teacher,a social worker, a cook, a refuse collector and people drawn from a range of professional totally unrelated to teaching (and with no relevant training) try to cure sick people.
    I'm sure there will be interesting lessons to be learnt from it, even though many of the sick people will still be ill at the end of it.

5. Not everyone goes on all forums

6. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Well, that's like having a box of chocolates and only ever going for the strawberry fondants.
    [​IMG]

7. True

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

If personal is like a strawberry fondant what is opinion like? To me a bit of a chocolate covered scorpion (with sting).
    Anyway, back to Jamie. Pah. Load of old dogsbollox! Part of me wants to ignore it and watch something else but another part wants to watch it just to scream and shput and throw stuff at the telly [​IMG]

9. Not all forums no :). I've been swimming with the small ones, cleaning house and then watching 'location location location' where I spotted the trailer for Jamie. Tonight when children are in bed I shall have my say, for what it's worth, on opinion. I am sometimes to be found on baby and toddler too so not completely monogomous just boring. Don't get me wrong I like Jamie. I enjoy most of his stuff. It was the tag line that got my back up and my husband wasn't around to tell and my children really don't care so I wrote my thoughts down.

10. I will be watching it so that I have something to really moan about.

11. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

[​IMG]

12. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I don't think I will be watching it.
    It clashes with NCIS .....(and also with Masterchef!)
    I can't record TV shows and can't do 'catch up'
    So for me the question is Gibbs or Jamie....no contest really!

13. The more I think about this new programme, the more insulted I feel. Basically, those of us who teach every day and try hard to do the absolute best for our students are discounted as being worthy of having a valid viewpoint.
    That says more than anything else to do with the programme as far as I'm concerned.

14. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I just saw a trailer for this showing the 'star teachers' in action.
    One of them (can't remember who now) was saying 'Please, please, please will you just shut up?' to them! Hah!
    I won't be watching.

15. Exactly poeme!

Gibbs or Jamie?? That is a question I may give quite a bit of time to.... ( I should have paragraphs separating my thoughts but on my phone so sorry for the stream of consciousness.)