1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jamie Oliver at Home parties

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by janettse, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I've just signed up with Jamie at Home to supplement my income.
    If you fancy hosting a Jamie at Home party, please contact me. I live in the Greater Manchester area so can travel to Manchester, Chadderton, Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, Tameside, and Stockport.
    All hosts will receive Jamie Oliver freebies as well as discounted products of the month.
    For a pdf version of the brochure please email me on janetowen07@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Janet

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Sorry Janet, but I'm not a fan of JO, I don't think much of his cooking but do admire his campaigns to improve the school meals.
    What are the Jamie at Home parties anyway?

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

5. ljr

ljr New commenter

I went to a party once - we watched a DVD of Jamie cooking using some of the equipment that was for sale and were then given the chance to pay double the price that a similar thing would cost in the shops for what we had seen him use.

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

It's the inevitable consequence of being a marketable commodity.
    It was interesting watching Steve Coogan and others giving similar evidence to the Levison inquiry. He said he would prefer not to be interviewed by the press but as part of being able to get work in his chosen career, he is contractually bound to give interviews to promote any programme he appears in and to answer whatever questions are asked.
    I imagine it's the same with Jamie Oliver. He's never really come across to me as someone who's sole purpose in life is self-promotion and going for the quick buck. He did in fact say on a programme I listened to, that if it was within his power, he would never make another cookery programme.
    Celebrity brings with it, the machine that markets your celebrity and it isn't easy to avoid the bits you don't like.