1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

James Cameron ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Feb 19, 2011.

1. ... was ever a director more up his own ****

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I completely agree - the bulk of his films are overblown sanctimonious morality tales with a dire reliance on CGI instead of plotlines.
    The celluloid master of proctoheliosis

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Aliens was pretty good, as was Terminators 1 and 2.

4. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

Was amusing to see his ex-wife pip him to the oscar for best film last year....

5. My thread was begun because of his comments before Aliens (as seen on TV last night)

No doubt a good film but his whole "look at me ... I am sooooooo great" attitude annoyed me

6. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

But isn't the whole acting profession this way? Just think of the Oscars - these people hold a show to glorify themselves and give awards to each other, as if the whole concept of movie making and acting is the highest of all virtues and skills.We may laugh, but so many of them seem to believe it. Well, until they realise they are no longer needed due to fashion changes or younger models replacing them.

7. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Avoid the extras in the Alien box set - Cameron, well, let's just say he's a complete pranny

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not all films have to be deep and meaningful, and some directors will inevitably be seduced by the Dark Side of CGI (George Lucas springs readily to mind here). Cameron's good at what he does - what he thinks and says about it is irrelevant to me.

If your preference is for more minimalist movies with powerful storylines, try 'Cube' and/or 'Exam'.

9. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I love the Alien series, best movies made in my view

10. Me too, with the exception of the Winona Ryder one.

11. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

i was not disagreeing. Titanic was implausible ****, and I have no interest in Avatar whatsoever. Its just CGI gone mad. "Oh, Jack. Draw me like one of your French girls" Yer ****.

12. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I lost the will to live watching Avatar

13. Scroll down to the letter referring to Patrick Stewart and Liz Hurley
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/12/guardian-weekend-readers-letters
    and Gordon Cooper's response
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/19/guardian-weekend-readers-letters