1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

J'ai perdu ...

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by johannalawler, May 17, 2018.

1. johannalawler

johannalawler New commenter

Does anyone have any good ideas for a year 7 class ... mostly middle / high ability .... lesson on The Lost Property Office .... introducing j'ai perdu ... mon/ma/mes ...?? Many thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If it were me I'd start from the perspective of what do you need to go on a journey. To get the initial vocabulary could be a suggestions list from the pupils, find the vocab in a dictionary, spot the items on a picture, role-play whatever. Then they consider which items are most likely to be 'lost'.

BrightonEarly and bonxie like this.
  3. lentils22

lentils22 New commenter

Maybe try teaching some basic "ordinary" lost property items and the possessive adjectives, then get them recycling vocabulary from previous topics to make "silly" conversations, which Year 7s still tend to enjoy.. J'ai perdu mon serpent / mon sandwich au jambon / mon professeur etc..

BrightonEarly likes this.
  4. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

5. parkert

parkert New commenter

what book, module and unit is it? I'll have a look through my files.