1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jack and the Beanstalk - creative art focus

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by beccy9876, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hi

My school is having a fairytale day and I have been left with Jack and the Beanstalk. We have to have a literacy, mathematics and art focus throughout the day.

I am struggling to think of something art based to do with my class that can contribute to a whole school display - has anyone got any fantastic ideas?

I will be very grateful! Thanks for your help in advance

Beccy

2. Hi

My school is having a fairytale day and I have been left with Jack and the Beanstalk. We have to have a literacy, mathematics and art focus throughout the day.

I am struggling to think of something art based to do with my class that can contribute to a whole school display - has anyone got any fantastic ideas?

I will be very grateful! Thanks for your help in advance

Beccy

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

I know what you mean [​IMG] but bear in mind that for the littlies in your charge the story is still fresh and exciting.
    I once bought a battery-run grout cleaner from a pound shop. It looked like an outsize electric toothbrush, so I took it along and told the children that Jack had taken it from the giant's castle. Well, it made me laugh and didn't traumatize the children, so maybe you could make a giant thingy together.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

By 'thingy' I mean more or less anything!

5. Thanks - I had thought about that but I wasn't sure if we could get it finished in one afternoon. Am now thinking about the children designing their own castles.

6. You could build a castle using large cardboard boxes - I know my class would enjoy that. Then use castle for role play.