1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IWB Survey - Secondary Mathematics Teachers

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by ssjw, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm doing a MA Education at Roehampton University and am researching the relationship between teachers attitudes and their use of interactive whiteboards. I wonder if you could spare 10 minutes to complete a very straightforward survey on a Google Form at http://goo.gl/HlqXM
    Do please pass this on to everyone else in your maths department and any friends you have teaching maths elsewhere in the UK.
    Once I've written up my dissertation, I plan to publish my findings on the web for everyone.
    Shanika

2. Hi,
    I'm doing a MA Education at Roehampton University and am researching the relationship between teachers attitudes and their use of interactive whiteboards. I wonder if you could spare 10 minutes to complete a very straightforward survey on a Google Form at http://goo.gl/HlqXM
    Do please pass this on to everyone else in your maths department and any friends you have teaching maths elsewhere in the UK.
    Once I've written up my dissertation, I plan to publish my findings on the web for everyone.
    Shanika

3. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Not done.
    I was happy filling in page one was OK but when I got to page 2 I realised I had more interesting things to do like watching some paint dry.
    I suspect this sort of response is not unique and you should consider it when assessing any significance in your results.

4. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

My concern with it (and I did fill it in) was that I felt I was just making it up even though I was trying my best to do it as accurately as possible.
    If I did it again now (a day later) I am sure I would give completely different answers. [Is this called 'reliability'?]
    As a separate issue - I always think there are too many questions on a survey like this. Does this mean I have a short attention span, or is this a reasonable response?

5. I clicked on the link and Norton Security warned me that it was a "Fraudulent Web Page" so I didn't go further. I don't expect it is but decided there was no point taking the chance! Perhaps it says that about all questionnaires on GoogleForm.

6. i tried the link just to see what would happen and also got the norton warning

7. Yeah, but Norton is a pile of poop.

cyolba, salesperson for AVG, even though it's free :)