1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IWB Dart Board activity for Number Bonds

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Gandalf1981, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Weekend again and the usual hunt for IWB activites I have seen used on placement that I now can't find.

Does anyone have the link or the name of the Interactive white board game (that can be used with smartboards) that is a dartboard to practice number bonds?

Any help would be gratefully received. (would be lost without you helpful people, I really would)

2. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Afraid not, but I would mention one difficulty I experienced with using a dart board power point for a similar exercise.

Essentially, today's kids don't have a clue what a dartboard is or how darts is played. There's no "app for it" and it's not something they do in xbox live either.

So it doesn't have the instant fun and engagement you'd hope it would.

3. It's a Gordon's ITP from Coventry (learning gateway or something).

4. Thanks for the help, but it is not the one I was thinking of. There is one (with red and yellow spokes, I think) that is a simply dart board that just puts in the numbers to bond to 20, so you fire a dart at 14 and then at 6.

5. There are good games like this on MyMaths.

6. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter