1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iw-chameleon - where has it gone?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Business 100, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Hope somebody can help. I have totally relied on the iw-chameleon website for BCS resources and just visited it to find that it has gone!! Does anybody know if it will come back and/or has anybody got the resources available to email? Or does anybody know how to contact the guy who ran the site - Michael Owen I think it was. I will even pay for the resources- I'm kicking myself for not downloading them! Thanks to anybody that can help. Got plenty of resources that I can exchange if wanted.

2. Hope somebody can help. I have totally relied on the iw-chameleon website for BCS resources and just visited it to find that it has gone!! Does anybody know if it will come back and/or has anybody got the resources available to email? Or does anybody know how to contact the guy who ran the site - Michael Owen I think it was. I will even pay for the resources- I'm kicking myself for not downloading them! Thanks to anybody that can help. Got plenty of resources that I can exchange if wanted.

3. Hi

I think that I did manage to download most of the stuff from iw-chameleon. Email me on mccag002@medway.org.uk and we can see about swapping.

4. johncollinswork

johncollinswork New commenter

I have the whole site saved as a zipped folder. (13mb)

If you email me a leecollins1972@yahoo.co.uk
    I'll send you a temporary file share link to it.

5. johncollinswork

On second thoughts, I'll upload it now!

Whole IW chameleon website (more or less)
    until 17th Sept 08 at:

http://senduit.com/41d860

6. johncollinswork

Hmm, somehow the senduit link has expired. - any ideas why this is anyone?
    Can it only be downloaded once perhaps?

Here is another
    http://senduit.com/7c49dc

7. johncollinswork

OK folks,
    After much farting about with the senduit links (which must just be expiring after one download)

I've bitten the bullet and re-hosted the old chamelon site here:

http://www.iwchameleon.net

8. Cheers!

9. Thank you so much. As an NQT you have really helped me out and it's one less thing to worry about!

10. Hi John

Whilst I accept that the disappearance of my site was inconvenient there were arrangements in place to replace it. However, I seem to have been let down on that one for the time being. As you so rightly point out - don't assume something on the net will always be there. If you can legally copy it then do so. If you can't legally copy it then use it but leave it where it is.

Since you seem to have so much of the site at your disposal you must also have my email address. You must also be aware of the extensive copyright/terms and conditions that I placed on the site - for very good reason - because I did not want my work (or the work of anybody who contributed) to be made available anywhere without my permission. In other words it's an illegal copy.

Despite this you obviously felt that it was unnecessary either to contact me or any other author before you placed the site online. I'm surprised you could even be bothered forkin' out a tenner (which you obviously begrudge) for "that damn site"!

The moral here is 'Don't assume you can copy anything you like from anywhere and think it's ok'. I do have a copy of the site hosted at www.iw-chameleon.bravehost.com on a temporary basis and AQA are letting people know about this when enquires are made. They also have details about acquiring the student site as well.

Please remove any content that relates to iwChameleon Internet Publishing from your website immediately.

Michael Owen

11. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

The Michael Owen??[​IMG]

12. johncollinswork

Dear Michael,

I was just trying to help a few people out my friend, no offence intended.

I've re-directed my URL to your new one, as I know there are some people still using it.

The jibe about the tenner was in jest, come on you know that.

And as for copyright, come on, this is the internet we're talking about here!
    Have you see those tshirts on Pirate Bay these days...

13. Yea!!! As far as I'm concerned there is only one Michael Owen. Never recognised the religion of football.

14. Hi John

Appreciate it - thanks.

As for copyright - it all depends on your point of view and where you want to draw the line. The odd photo here an there or an entire website.

You know what they say about communication? It's difficult to know what's in jest if it's not face-to-face communication. (Sure I read that in a book somewhere!!!)

No harm done anyway.

Cheers

Mike

15. Hey people ,

I am having to teach BACS and the section on ICT in the Business Enviroment. I have to come up with a starter & a plenary relative to the Extranet.

Can anyone help me, i seem to be hitting a brick wall !

I want to make it interactive if i can but also simple to suit the class needs, any ideas would be gratefully welcomed.

Many Thanks,

MG

16. Hi Michael,

My name is Damien Kelly - I am a teacher at a school in Surrey.

We have lond admired and used your site with great success in previous years.

Is there a possibility of getting access to the materials again?

How do we go around contacting you directly?

We would be very keen to use th materials again as they are widely regarded as excellent teaching resources

look forward to hearing from you,

kind regards

Damien kelly

contact;

dkelly@tomlinscote.surrey.sch.uk