1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IVF

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Lalex123, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Lalex123

Lalex123 Senior commenter

Is anyone going through or been through IVF with any tips on keeping work stress free? I have my egg collection soon and I want to make sure I’m as relaxed as possible.

Been TTC for 4 years and it’s heartbreaking that we are doing this through a pandemic and nothing is normal, but we have no choice as I’m not getting any younger.

2. unpleasantsmells

unpleasantsmells New commenter

I am sending you lots of best wishes and positive thoughts for your egg collection!

I haven't been through IVF but do have some advice about keeping work stress-free after suffering severe work-induced depression. Leave on time every day that you can, and take nothing home. So you might choose to work an extra hour after school but leave empty-handed. That way, you feel in control and also separate work from home. Confide work stresses to a colleague or friend to get them out of your system before you leave work. Always think of something positive that you've achieved in the car/bus/walk home. And lastly, never ever ever check emails once you've walked out the door!

I really hope this works out for you and you get to hold a Lalex123 Junior very soon.

3. Lalex123

Thanks for your advice! That is really helpful! I like the idea of thinking of something positive on my way home, I think that will really help as I get quite preoccupied with the negative!

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I don't have advice on keeping work stress free - that's pretty much impossible in teaching.
    But I have had IVF if I can be of any help there. It's a beautiful process. Enjoy it.

5. Lalex123

Thanks, I’ve just had my transfer so praying it sticks.

Is there anything I should be doing to boost my chances?

6. unpleasantsmells

unpleasantsmells New commenter

Bed rest? I would suggest putting your feet up for a day or so and taking it easy.

Netflix and rest!

Am sending you lots of luck.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

You body needs to think nothing is unusual. Just carry on as normal!!

8. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 Occasional commenter

I haven't got any advice on IVF but as with many on here work stress is common. I found that i prioritised what needed to be done starting with the most important and ensured those tasks all got done. After that if i didn't have time to complete the rest then it had to wait. Don't take any work home with you and decide on a time that you will always leave school by regardless of what there is left to do.

I've said before to colleagues when they have been incredibly stressed working so many hours and taking work home "if you keep going like this you will make yourself ill and then be off and guess what? this place will still be here and will survive without you, so if it could do it then it can cope with the odd thing taking a bit longer to achieve in order to keep you here".

Take care of yourself and i really hope everything works out for you.