1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ivf and time off work

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by becky70, Feb 3, 2012.

1. becky70

becky70 New commenter

I've had two rounds of IVF. Appointments will vary depending on your clinic but you will need to attend for scans fairly often before egg collection - I had about three or four in total each time. I sometimes managed to get these done before school though. You'll need time off for egg collection and embryo transfer (and I've always had the time in between off). It's then a case of how long you rest after embryo transfer - it's a two week wait until the pregnancy test. Some people have all that time off, some only a few days.
    I would echo what Emmsie said about the fertility treatment thread - it's brilliant.

2. d2148j

d2148j New commenter

just for your info under sex discrimination act work can't punish you by not allowing you time off however until egg is implanted tehy don't have to pay you
    <h4>From direct.gov.uk </h4><h4>Having a child through IVF (in vitro fertilisation)</h4>It is unlawful sex discrimination for employers to treat a woman less favourably because she is undergoing IVF treatment or intends to become pregnant. You will be entitled to paid time off for antenatal care only after the fertilised embryo has been implanted
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Moneyandworkentitlements/WorkAndFamilies/Pregnancyandmaternityrights/DG_10026556