1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

i've seen it all now! A pink hearse!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Driving home tonight I pass a pink hearse.
    Bright pink!
    Inside it, a matching pink coffin covered in pink and white roses.
    It just looked wrong.......kind of undignified. I love pink, and this was the brightest of lipstick pinks, but I do not really want mylast journey to my final resting place to be in a Barbie coffin and a Barbie hearse.
    Maybe it had Jordan in it? [​IMG]

2. BelleDuJour

Driving home tonight I pass a pink hearse.
    Bright pink!
    Inside it, a matching pink coffin covered in pink and white roses.
    It just looked wrong.......kind of undignified. I love pink, and this was the brightest of lipstick pinks, but I do not really want mylast journey to my final resting place to be in a Barbie coffin and a Barbie hearse.
    Maybe it had Jordan in it? [​IMG]

3. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

I have requested a pink coffin, Belle : to reflect my zest for life! Pink champagne to be served all round too!

4. BelleDuJour

A pink coffin maybe....but not Barbie pink. And most deffo NOT a matching hearse. It was a most ghastly colour!
    The pink fizz I have no problems with! [​IMG]

5. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Fantastic idea.
    If, as is becoming increasingly frequent, the funeral is a celebration of a life fully lived, then why not have a hearse that is a joyous ride towards the hereafter?
    I want a green and gold convertible hearse and a Ghanaian coffin shaped like an American football, with a jazz band playing "What's The Use Of Getting Sober (When You Gonna Get Drunk Again)"

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

We overtook a motorbike hearse not so long ago. Obviously not pink, but popular enough to have its own hire website.

7. BelleDuJour

I saw one of those at Swindon Crematorium last year. Awesome looking and not bright pink!

8. Wreaths of flowers forming the name of the deceased/Dad etc have the same effecton me. I also dislike clutter on graves: teddies, fake flowers, photographs, candles...A pink hearse, though, is a new one on me and sounds truly awful - as, actually, a carriage drawn by horses sporting black feathers would be awful - but I'm sure gangsters like those...

Plain graves, preferably in a quiet country churchyard with a view of the ocean, are as good as it gets. I like Jewish cemeteries too and the custom of placing a tiny pebble on the gravestone.

9. BelleDuJour

That sounds like fun DZ.....pity you won't be able to fully appreciate it!
    Green and gold is tasteful.
    Trust me.....this shade of pink was just wrong! Looked like some chavvy teen had got hold of a tin of cheap, end of range pink paint and done a quick repaint of hte hearse and done the coffin to match with the dregs!

10. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I would quite like a oink coffin. My friend had a motorbike hearse last summer. It was a very cool send off for a wonderful man. The coffin wound its way down through welsh valleys to the roar of 25 odd bikes with plenty off passers-by looking on in interest as we passed through a village or two.

11. BelleDuJour

*snigger*
    Oh well, I guess pigs are pink-ish! [​IMG]

12. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

pink not oink lol

13. Funerals are very personal events and I have no problem whatsoever with pink hearses, teddies, ornaments and flowers on graves.

14. I plan to leave my body to science. So I or my family won't have to worry about coffins.

15. BelleDuJour

They give all the bits back to your family after they've finished with them.

16. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I plan to leave my body to Modern Foreign Languages

17. No they don't!!

DO they?? I'm sure you could instruct them to incinerate what's left. I bet that's an option.

18. BelleDuJour

Zut alors!

19. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

There's a lampost near us where a motorcyclist died trying negotiate a tight bend with too much alcohol in his bloodstream. This was a couple of years ago but for some reason the family keep renewing the flowers. I find it desperately sad that they can't move on from commemorating the rather nondescript place where he died, and they keep leaving flowers out for passing dogs to p*ss on. I mean flowers on the grave is one thing, but where they died in a traffic accident because they were drunk? It's like leaving flowers in a hospital ward or operating theatre every year. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I just can't follow the logic.

20. Would be useful when teaching parts of the body: I can see you in a corner fully labelled. The less able could practise their conversations with you. How considerate, a truly selfless act. [​IMG]