1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've lost my teaching mojo

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MissKLW, Feb 28, 2011.

1. It's the first day back after half term and it appears that I have lost my teaching mojo at some point during half term. I'm a secondary maths PGCE trainee and I am in my 2nd placement school. Before half term I had a lesson observation that was outstanding and both my lessons today have been average at best. I'm teaching topics that I haven't taught before and my teaching load has now increased but how I've managed to get that bad in a week is beyond me! I suppose what I really want to know is anybody having the same problem?

2. I am. i did quite well in my first placement and couldn't wait to start back. Then for some unknown reason my confidence just went. I spoke to my tutor about it and felt better, then got worse again and now I find I am in my second placement, which i'm having problems with, and I don't feel that I can talk to anyone - I think I will probably fail - everyone thinks I panic anyway and should just get on with it.
    I love teaching and i wouldn't want to do anything else, but I think i'm in trouble...

3. katnoodle

katnoodle New commenter

I'm slowly accepting that my practice (and confidence) is going to dip at the start of my second placement, and I'm only one day in! Getting to know the school and learning a whole new batch of names, it's going to be harder for a wee while. I'm sure you'll be great once you get stuck in! [​IMG]