1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've lost my QTS certificate

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by jacquimax, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi can anyone tell me how I can get a new QTS certificate? I need to give it to my new employer.
    Now the GTC has ceased I'm not sure what to do, can't find out on the DFE website.
    Cheers

2. Hi can anyone tell me how I can get a new QTS certificate? I need to give it to my new employer.
    Now the GTC has ceased I'm not sure what to do, can't find out on the DFE website.
    Cheers

3. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

Do I have a certificate from your pgce or degree (if teaching)? I lost my qts cert (left it at a supply agency who denied all knowledge) and was asked for it by another supply agency and my school where I got a job, and both times I explained, showed my uni PGCE cert and gave them my gtc teaching number. They can check using that if you're qualified, or certainly could when the gtc still existed. Not sure now. both places we're happy with that.

4. Yes have PGCE certificate and GTC number. Will try that, thanks

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Employers can access the DfE website in the same way they could GTCE to check on the QTS status of teachers. Individuals can no longer check directly online so the school has to do it for you.

6. Your employer can go direct to theTeaching Agency (part of the DfE) website and check that you have QTS. It is not necessary to provide a certificate and the indications are that the Teaching Agency may not issue QTS certificates from now on, they will simply hold a register (as the GTC did) of those who have been awarded QTS and those who have passed induction.
    The Sage