1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've just seen a brilliant film

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

It's called 'Carol'. Not to be missed. Everything about it is exquisite- acting, timing, costumes, balance, music, scenery. And if you like Hopper, you will find it particularly breath-taking. I do recommend it.

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Yes, I mean to see this. For obvious reasons. ;)

3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Even if one doesn't have those reasons, it is very alluring.

4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Now, whilst waiting for Bridge of Spies to come on - fab, by the way - the trailer for Carol came on and I just didn't fancy it. Does it have much of a plot?

5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Carol? Is it about Christmas? I hate Christmas.

6. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

They've changed the plot slightly from the book but the book was quite good especially given the era, so I look forward to seeing the film

7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

No, Jacob. Not that Carol.

ScotSEN likes this.
  9. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Oh just looked it up. Looks really interesting but one that I'll go to with one of my girl friends. Sunset Song first on the list. Don't know when we'll fit them in though. Not having been to the cinema in ages there now seem to be heaps. Just seen Suffragette, Lady in the Van and Spectre
    Mr ScotSEN and I off to Bridge of Spies this weekend and there's the new Johnny Depp one too. Why so many at a busy time of the year?

10. JTL

JTL Occasional commenter

We saw Bridge of Spies last week. Brilliant film as is any film that Tom Hanks has starred in. Carol however, we found ok. Yes, lovely costumes etc but rather slow and predictable. Always interesting to read the reviews. Carol is very highly rated. I don't take a lot of reviews very seriously though, especially as I loathed Birdman and walked out after half an hour, and that was raved about and won lots of awards.

11. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

I always like Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance is also meant to be good.

12. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Absolutely agree. Went to see this on Black Friday, to escape the crowds in a shopping centre.
    I honestly didn't expect it too be so good! Excellent performances, and visually a very beautiful film.

13. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

Splash? Turner & Hooch?