1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've just fallen out with Tescos!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jul 6, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

They have sent me an email entitled "Offers on back to schoolwear"!!!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

They have sent me an email entitled "Offers on back to schoolwear"!!!

3. That is simply shocking. I hope you let them know why they're out of favour!

4. littlelebowski

littlelebowski New commenter

WHAT?!!? That is taking the mick! It gets earlier every year. What's next, buy now for Christmas?

5. Its crazy...Matalan has a huge sign by our place and BHS flyers went out with tonights news letter. CRAZY x

6. Noooooooooooooooooo!
    Simply wrong! Where do I sign to join the boycott? [​IMG]

7. frustum

frustum Star commenter

More of a problem is that age 4-5 is sold out by the start of July.

8. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

...and the children will have grown out of them by October. I get fed up with seeing builder's backsides sticking out of too small trousers.

9. Guilty confession time:I bought my daughter's uniform for September last weekend! M&S had really lovely pinafores and I knew they would be sold out if I waited until the end of the holidays.

10. I always buy early too. If I wait there's always *** all left.

11. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

But on a brighter note it must be nearly time for the barclaycard advert!

12. frustum

frustum Star commenter

The shoe shop advised me not to come any later than mid-August to get any choice in school shoes. She had outgrown them by October half-term (working out at £5/week).
    This year, her feet hadn't grown since October, so she went back in Doodles (canvas summer shoes) - I wasn't going to have that happen again.