1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've just been told off for being a moaner.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

At my last school, we all had to sign a copy of the Staff conduct policy which contained a clause saying that there would be 'no negativity in the staffroom'!

agathamorse and ShowerGel like this.
  2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Good grief!

agathamorse and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  3. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Can I have a tiny little rant? My brother in law is being really pig headef about something that is potentially going to cause a lot of problems. It is, in the modern parlance, doing my head in. It's as if he believes hard enough that the world will be one way then it magically will, even though it's not!

It's great to have a place to come for a moan!

agathamorse likes this.
  4. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

For that clause to have been adhered to in the last school I worked at there would have needed to be no staffroom in existence.

5. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

My DiL was once upbraided on FB by one of my son's friend’s for habitual moaning. MoanBook he told her, it is not. And indeed she reduced the amount of moaning she did on FB. There isn’t a day go by when I thank that person, for that online moaning meant that everyone saw DiL as a moaner who did nothing but complain. It’s really not a good look.

Having a once a month moan is one thing so long as there are twenty other holding of things to the light in wonder. Twenty moans a month and once a month holding to the light on the other hand...

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Men are right!