1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've just been told off for being a moaner.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, Jun 24, 2019.

1. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Nizeman has just told me that I whinge a lot about stuff like electric scooters, my lodger and traffic in the west end of london. He moans too, but somehow that's different. I feel like Victoria Meldrew, but he's a fully paid-up Victor.

Help!

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

There is none.

colpee, nomad and grumpydogwoman like this.
  3. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I take it that you're talking from experience, rac.

nomad likes this.
  4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Easy. Nobody loves a moaner. Stop it!

needabreak, nomad and nizebaby like this.
  5. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

You're right. I'll stop it.

needabreak, nomad and grumpydogwoman like this.
  6. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Don't let them bully you. You have a jolly good moan when it suits you. If you keep it bottled up you will cause potential life threatening health issues in the future.:)

agathamorse, Sally006 and ShowerGel like this.
  7. grumpydogwoman

Why allow it to upset you in the first place?

It's one of the busiest cities in the world and they're just other people with their sheet to do.

Hey! Move to the Midlands. Or Wales. Anywhere except the S E. You won't need a lodger and it's much nicer! Result - happiness.

colpee and agathamorse like this.
  8. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Ha! I'm a brummie and I live some of the time in a lovely quiet part of brum. I''m in brum at the moment, in fact. Back to the Smoke this evening.

I do need a lodger. At least he sometimes mows my lawn. Nizeman is a hackney lad and there's no changing that. I gave up my WCCC membership to go and live with him. Can you believe that? But he's worth it.

I think I'm a bit down. Self pity is a terrible thing. Never mind - I'll be right as rain tomorrow.

9. grumpydogwoman

I take it all back. Moan away.

You've sacrificed too much. You deserve a moan.

10. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

11. grumpydogwoman

You gave up Edgbaston?

That's a bridge too far.

You're either way too nice for your own good or you need psychiatric help!;):eek:o_O:D

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

A moaner?

Pah! Lightweight!!

Have some pride and be a full-on cantankerous old git like me.

13. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Yes, I did, and I really do miss it. Used to pop in for the last last session after work. and nothing beats an Edgbaston ashes match. I also loved going to other midlands grounds for the old sunday league. Worcester was my favourite.

Yes, I'm feeling seriously sorry for myself today. Please excuse me. I'm looking forward to seeing nizeman tonight.

agathamorse likes this.
  14. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Nomad, maybe we should start a moaning old gits' thread. Everything from cycling on pavements to back pain.

ShowerGel and nomad like this.
  15. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Oh, I can do moaning about back pain. And the amount of money the chiropractor charges to keep me going.

agathamorse likes this.
  16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Or even worse, you might end up having a Boris and Carrie type blazing row and having the coppers called out in the middle of the night to help you glue the crockery back together.

17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Long, long experience. I am also biased towards thinking the husband or male partner (in a hetero-sexual household) is right.

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

If her insurance is paid up and made out to Nizeman I don't see the problem.

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The latter probably explains nizeman's unhappiness.

20. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Moaning's just another word for conversation or discussion or gossip or debate or having a chat or taking.
    It's all just brilliant.
    If nizeman is complaining he's just jealous and/or feeling a bit lonely or is desperate for a good heart to heart with someone.
    Bring on the chat! People are for too reticent to talk about anything they want including electric scooters.

Nothing wrong with having a down day either.

No wonder there are all these sod ding 'mental heath issues'. I am sick of all that! Like I said bring on the chat and a good long walk while you're doing it and remember TO MOAN as well as gossip or discuss or...etc.