1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've got some money! Ideas please!

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by gypsy_007, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Hi all,

after a revamp of PSHE in my secondary school, Ive been given some money to buy resources/kits/posters, etc. I would really welcome any ideas on any great resources you have come across or if you can direct me towards any good providers, etc. I am thinking more of practcal resources such as condom demonstrators etc rather than text books etc. Likewise, if there's anything you think it's not worth bothering with, please let me know!

Thanks!

2. If you want to do some work around tackling homophobic bullying, Stonewall have some fantastic resources through the School Champions initiative. For just £200, you get membership, LOADS of free resources (DVD film for pupils, training DVD for staff, posters, postcards, guidance etc.), as well as direct support, free seminars and and discounts to conferences and events. www.stonewall.org.uk/.../secondary_schools

3. Im a bit bias but check out www.sav-ed.co.uk. Its a great resource and they will come and deliver workshops etc. Had some great results.

4. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

I'm purchasing some Hodder Teaching resource packs and student books - best quality and content I've found for KS3. Also purchased membership to citizenshipteacher.co.uk and PSHE Association membership. Be VERY wary of those package offers from salesey organisations Stonewall is good but don't forget all the charity websites who do some amazing stuff: Plan UK, Terence Higgins, British Red Cross, OXFAM, NHS even Channel Four and BBC Learning websites have great stuff.