1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ive got my Edgehill Bsc Secondary Maths QTS interview? help!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by TeachertraineeMaths, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Ive got my edgehill bsc(hons) secondary education maths QTS interview next week and im not sure what educational issues i should read up on - there are so many? anybody got any tips for me id appreciate it

2. Ive got my edgehill bsc(hons) secondary education maths QTS interview next week and im not sure what educational issues i should read up on - there are so many? anybody got any tips for me id appreciate it

3. Hi there,

I have an interview for secondary maths tomorrow and the things I have read up on are:

Two Tier Maths GCSE
    No more coursework
    Doing away with SATs
    3 part lessons
    Assessment for Learning + personalised learning
    Learning and teaching styles
    inclusion and diffrentiation

I can post again when i come back to work on Friday with what i was asked if you think it would help? I know its a different course so it may not help!

4. Thanks thats really helpful. id already had a look at personalised learning and AFL so im chuffed im on the right track. yeah it would be brilliant if you can post what you were asked, im getting really nervous now so it would really help. good luck with your interview!!!!

5. thank you! I'm so nervous! I'm travelling so it will be Thursday or Friday morning before I get to post but I will defo post!

6. you will be fine, just got to appear confident is what my teachers have told me. is it a pgce you are going for?

7. Soooo interview went ok. I was asked:
    What makes an effective maths teacher
    Special needs children
    use of calculators
    Roleplay to show a student how to add fractions.

Loads of other things but have forgotten already! Best of luck with your interview! :)

8. Hi, I have an interview coming up for secondary teaching design and technology ! Does anyone know what they asked you in the interview and any tips please? Thank you

9. Why not do some reading around to boost your confidence and to show that you are keen. Amazon lists some good books on teaching -check out the forums in your subject or borrow the books from the library. Much more effective than just worrying and shows independence...

10. Hi

Have you had your interview for design and technology QTS ? any advice on what they ask or what the happens during the day/