1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've got a new best friend!!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Well, some of you saw and responded to my 'should I give up teaching and take up life coaching as a career" thread.
    A lot of you were encouraging... and thank you for that..
    Some of you urged caution... and thank you for that too!
    I checked out some other institutes, and e-mailed some of them....
    I got a phone call today, from one of their representatives. She's going to send me some information.
    BUT............!
    She's also going to send me a bag of goodies!
    She offered to Fed-Ex them so I could get them before the weekend!
    And she thinks it would be a really good idea if she and I got to "know each other better"!
    Oh.. and "a lot of my successful life coach candidates have been teachers.... you're already so well trained for the job already"
    Oh... and what a coincidence... she used to be a musician too!
    And now she's going to phone me more often, to "work out what you really want in life'
    And she's so glad we've "connected' today... (she used the 'connected word a lot)
    She DID say that there is a money back guarentee on the course, however... am I right in smelling a .....
    [​IMG]

2. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Oh, I really don't know Annie!
    All I can say is that I've been thinking of you (was going to PM as it happens) and hoping that you're okay x

3. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

4. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Sounds like it!

Sorry, btw, for not replying on your other threads. Too busy lurking, and procrastinating too much to even log on to reply!
    (Must get back to entertainment soon!)

5. Thanks, tartetatin.. I was actually going to PM you too.. just to say thanks for your really nice reply on the other thread... I didn't respond properly at the time, as there were too many replies, and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed!
    I'm a bit up and down just now... and stressing about work to be done... but, definitely out of the black hole I've been in... but just not sure what is 'rational' thought just now, if that makes sense!
    I'm actually just a bit annoyed with myself that I didn't tell this woman that I just wanted the information sent to me, and I didnt' need presents, or for me to talk to her more often! [​IMG]

6. Yep.You smell a mouse.

7. [​IMG]

8. Oh, don't worry about that! I actually realized today, that the last few weeks on TES have been charting my current mini meltdown quite nicely....
    I've started a thread on chronic procrastination, two threads on fights with OH (all good there now btw), nightmares, career change.....
    Obviously losing it... [​IMG]
    Oh, and yes.. please come back to Mornington Crescent!

9. Google told me it was a rat! [​IMG]

10. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Will try to soon! I'm just off to put up another shelf for all my clutter. (Why do I prefer DIY to paperwork and housework? So much to do, so little time!!)
    Sympathies to you and all other 'burned out teachers' btw. Hope things work out for you Annie.
    Possibly not with the mouserat who wants to connect with you so desperately!

11. Thanks Cissy! You're probably enjoying DIY in the same way that I can spend hours collecting cow poo from the paddock, and clearing out dead grass, while finding marking year 7 workbooks completely beyond me....
    I'm sure things will work out... I was really stressed last year from doing a school musical... but I did it.. I can procrastinate endlessly.. but somehow, it always seems to get done at the end (usually at the last minute!)
    And, yes... I have a lot of suspicions about the connecting mouserat!

12. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

Me too. I have read a column in the Saturday Guardian from someone who has set up as a coach and his last one was about how he has to keep shelling out to join this and that network. All the events he attends are full of people like him alongside those who are organising the networking events that have to be paid for. They seem like a Ponzi scheme where those in last pay money to those in earlier. It all stinks IMHO.

13. Yes.. I think you're right.. I googled the company that phoned me, and it is, as another poster warned me, it's a pyramid based scheme, where new recruits are offered life coaching (at a minimal price) from another new recruit..... it explains why mouserat wants to "get to know me better"!

If she phones back, and suggests that I pay for these phone calls, I think I'll sob down the phone at her, and say "I thought you LIKED me!!!!!!!

(On safari.. and can't do 'winking' icon.... )

There is however another company that seems much more study based, and no mention of you working with new students...... so not giving up on the idea entirely....