1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've got a job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lnss, Jan 8, 2012.

1. lnss

lnss New commenter

I am thrilled to have finally got a job. However (!) I am looking for some advice.

I live in the SW and job hunting has been barbaric. As I was coming to the end of my 4 terms supplying I started to think laterally, and I have found a sponsor who is able to pay 3/5 of a full-time salary for a year. The school that I have been providing supply cover have 'offered' me a teaching role in a year 3 class. The other 2/5 is going to be as a phonics recovery teacher, which the school are funding.

My problem is that the school business manager is sure that I am to be paid on the 'U' scale instead of the 'M' scale. They tell me that as I have not completed my induction year that I am not a qualified teacher. I was under the impression that the I was qualified and the induction year was the 'belt and braces' so to speak. Who is right?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Inss!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    THIRD NEW JOB OF THE NEW YEAR!
    The clue is in the title: Newly Qualified Teacher. Qualified.
    You should be on M1, he's got it wrong. Have you got a certificate with the word "Qualified" on it? Show'em it!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations from me too Inss! Both on the job and your initiative in procuring it! [​IMG]

4. lnss

lnss New commenter

Thank you for my star!!!

I conatcted the GTC today who say that it doesn't matter which payscale I am on as long as I am under pay & conditions, whether that be 'm' or 'u'

5. Congrats with the job. Hope the pay scale gets sorted. :)