1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've been remiss...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by racroesus, Oct 13, 2015.

1. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

... with the excitement of Ireland putting France to the sword. I do hope that, after their slaughter of the mighty Uruguay, England are given the chance of promotion from the second tier nations for the next World Cup.
    I would also offer my congratulations to their football team in topping the group unbeaten. Northern Ireland weren't unbeaten in their more difficult group but topped it.

colpee likes this.
  2. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Yes well done - I'm feeling more magnanimous than usual :p

image.jpeg

3. mark6243

mark6243 Occasional commenter

Ireland played well, yet the score flattered methinks.

Whilst England, despite fluffing their lines under pressure, earn automatic qualification for Japan 2019 finishing third in Pool A, maybe Ireland, Wales and Scotland could join the top tier of economic nations and start paying for their own schools and hospitals, instead of biting the hand that feeds them.

Keep poking that English bear. Go on, see what eventually happens when it wakes up :mad:

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Nothing bites quite like a grumpy colonial master.

lexus300 likes this.