1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've been promoted

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Feb 6, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Chatting to a mate of my son's who I had not met before. He said he had just moved to Brum and told me which area he was living in. My school is in that area so I told him I worked at such and such school near him. He looked at me and said 'are you the caretaker'? I shall have to wear a suit next time I meet him!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Chatting to a mate of my son's who I had not met before. He said he had just moved to Brum and told me which area he was living in. My school is in that area so I told him I worked at such and such school near him. He looked at me and said 'are you the caretaker'? I shall have to wear a suit next time I meet him!

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

At least it wasn't "Are you a dinner lady?" Proves his eyes are fully functioning, even though his ears might need a good clean. I'm sure your son will have mentioned at some point that you are a teacher, but info like that never seems to register.

4. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I had a circular from Oxfam yesterday addressed to "The Head Of Citizenship, The XXX School" followed by my home address! (I teach MFL) [​IMG]

5. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

When our Principal left yonks back, I asked one of the caretakers if he was going to apply for the post. He said "**** off, I can't afford the drop in salary"

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

At our school he was called 'The Premises Officer'.

7. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, but that's a title for no extra renumeration.