1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've been asked to lead R.E in my primary school ... very confused!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by rchip, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Hello guys,

I've been asked to lead R.E and P.S.H.E next year and I'm very confused by the R.E aspect.

I can't seem to find any guidance online? I've read over the old curriculum and now it seems I'm stuck ...

From what I read, R.E is statutory but there's no government guidance for it? How do you know what to teach?

This is in a Primary school in England.

Any guidance and pointers would be really appreciated because I'm feeling very lost at the moment! Currently in school we're going off a document, that each teacher has for their year group that gives a topic for each term and 6 lesson objectives for each topic. The problem is, no one knows where the document came from! Hah so I don't feel very comfortable blindly continuing with it, seeing as I have no idea where it came from or what it is!

Thank you.

2. cpenguin

cpenguin New commenter

The guidance of what to teach is given by your local authority's SACRE. If you google your local authority & the word SACRE you should be able to find the locally agreed syllabus for your area which tells you what you need to be teaching.

3. inara14

inara14 New commenter

On Facebook search "Save RE". It is a group with over 1000 RE teachers (primary and secondary) which you can post on and they will give you their two cents.