1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I've an Unpleasant Habit

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by anon1269, Apr 15, 2012.

1. On the day before schools return I always read the threads where teachers are dreading returning to work. I'm really ashamed of myself!

2. I'm not dreading it, because I've only got 2 weeks to push before I retire!! I will then do exactly the same as you. Bliss.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

The shops will be quiet tomorrow!!
    Thanks so much for reminding me, after 2 2/3 yrs I was almost forgetting to enjoy this evening with the particular frisson that freedom brings.

4. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

On the day before school starts I usually look for a thread like this on the Retirement forum to make me think that in a few years hopefully that will be me.
    Is that a bad habit too?

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Now I feel bad !!
    Take care kittylion - the best is yet to come.

6. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Oooo must text my poor mates and wish them luck for the new term and new head (hopefully a saviour)!

7. kittylion

Lol I know Lindenlea, but knowing myself as I do, if I were retired I would still probably be worrying about something - as I'm sure you all do - just not about the first day back[​IMG]

8. kittylion

Are you retiring mid term then Serdinya?

9. No, the official leaving date for the spring term is the end of April. I have to work these last two weeks.

10. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

Enjoy your unpleasant habit! I will be reading those threads in September. I was going to wait until I had 50 school days left (Apr. 20) to make my big announcement, but a staff member asked on Friday, "What will you be doing next year?" Rather than hem and haw, I told her. Yippee!

11. hahahah and I thought it was only me! I also have to bite my tongue when I see all their procrastinating posts on FB too
    Welcome gooddays and many more of them to come

12. hahahah and I thought it was only me- find it hard not to comment at their procrastination posts on FB too- welcome gooddays and may you have many more of them