1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ITV Central reports on teacher retention problems

Discussion in 'Education news' started by cissy3, Nov 10, 2015.

1. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

lanokia likes this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Glad to see the issue is getting some attention... finally!

needabreak and cissy3 like this.
  3. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Well done Central News. A touch of reality. A shame these reports won't be run after the teacher adverts on comercial TV.

Matrixfail.jpg

4. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Perhaps I'll forward those links to my MP and see if I get more patronising comments & bland platitudes THIS time!

5. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

@chelsea2
    Surely not.

cissy3 likes this.
  6. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

7. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

This is the problem isn't it.

As much as this report rings true, I don't think it will make a scrap of difference :mad:

(I'm watching on the tv now, btw, it is the second item. Ooh, tomorrow they're following a teacher for the day!)

lanokia likes this.
  8. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Have you seen Blackburn?

Edit: This comment can work with most other northern towns as well, St Helens, Rochdale, Oldham, Burnley, Bolton.

10. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Lead commenter

NW just has a lot of highly regarded training institutions. Finding placement schools, let alone permanent jobs in the region, for all the teachers they churn out has frequently been a problem. My PGCE Secondary maths started with over 40 on it.

lanokia likes this.
  11. Missbubbleblue

Missbubbleblue New commenter

I've just seen the news report. I wasn't listening intently until I heard the word 'Wilshire'. I looked up and saw some old codger, obviously NOT Wlishire, banging on about senior leadership. Does anyone know who he was?

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  12. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Yes I was the same. I was posting as it was on, and then some bloke appeared. I don't know who he was.

Missbubbleblue likes this.
  13. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter