1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's up to you, New York, New York...

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by misboohoo, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Is this the school that recently advertised quite a few posts?

2. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

I think so. It's a primary and middle school

3. Yep. I think it is relative new and is linked to a school in London. I asked a few friends in NY about it and they said it was a growing school and as far as they knew it was fine.

4. I haven't seen this school advertised anywhere. I have seen the 'chain'school however on their website advertise whch is very new. Where would I find this other school advertised?

5. Has anyone applied for any of their recently advertised posts? Wondering if anyone has had a response- although I know it's still very soon after the closing date!

6. I applied. It is quite nerve racking having to wait as I really really want the job. Their ad did not specify when they would be interviewing so it is hard to know how long we have to wait.

7. I applied for one at the 'chain' of schools but interviews were meant to be this week so I am assuming I have not been successful. However, it was strange as they were still allowing people to apply on their website till Monday. I guess this is a mix up with the website.

Did you aaply for the chain with the closing date 14th Feb?

8. No. The closing date for my application was the 25th of Feb.

9. Ahh I know which one you're talking about. I spotted it too late as I was going away on holiday! Good luck!

10. Thank you. I will be gutted if I don't get an interview.

11. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

I got an interview for the 25th of Feb school, but not for the chain school (I presume...never know with them though!). They sent me an email a couple of days ago, but there are some jobs still on their website so maybe there weren't enough candidates for those?! So very nervous....

12. Do you mind telling me what post you applied for?

13. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

Science

14. Good luck for the interview. Are they interviewing in London? I applied for the Languages job.They took that off the website yesterday so I am assuming I didn't get an interview. I might write to ask for some feedback.

15. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

It's a skype interview. The science job left the website a while a go, so there's still hope yet! Good luck!

16. I had an interview this week for two of the chain schools.
    I haven't heard anything from the 25th Feb closing date... I applied for the Year 5 teacher so not sure what's happening with that one.

17. Ooooh I applied for the English post (25th closing date) and have also not heard anything :( Let's hope they're still sifting. Keep us all posted if you guys hear anything. Good luck!

18. I am debating whether to email them and enquire about interviews because the tension is to much. Every time my inbox pings I jump. ahhhhh. ;)

19. I know the feeling - I'm guessing with the number of posts they had advertised it's going to take a while! It's a small leadership team, so I guess that's a factor too. I'm gonna hold out a while longer before I give up hope.

20. it's the first time I have applied for an international job so not really sure about the protocol.