1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Its the thought that counts, NOT!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by daffodilval, Dec 26, 2010.

1. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Ermmm, because this is a PERSONAL forum, where people tend to post and discuss PERSONAL issues?

2. Why did you even bother to read it?

3. dude, i didn't say that, you are interpreting that.
    he behaved badly - so the family will have to deal with it as a family. BUT everybody is allowed to make mistakes and be able to redeem themselves.

4. How strange. I have just found myself similarly misinterpretated on Opinion - by this very poster. She must be tired.

5. ...misinterpreted...
    ( I'm tired, too...)

6. May I refer you to post 40 from Eva Smith
    It would seem that I am not alone in misunderstanding the point menana was trying to make.
    Sometimes, just sometimes sea pink, it is not the fault of the reader.

7. you see, cosmos, sometimes just sometimes it's not all about being right.
    (but about having the last word [​IMG])
    the way we all bicker - we would make any dysfunctional family proud, any day.

8. Mine, I think.
    Ha.

9. I was thinking about going for the last word but decided against it

10. You're all so petty fighting for the last word. Anyway, it's mine. So there.

11. Phew thanks for that I was worried I accidentally had it

12. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I didn't realise there was a fight for the last word. However, just remember that the last word isn't necessarily the correct one!

13. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Since it's obviously so important yo you all, I give you my permission to have the last word.

14. How kind.

15. Erm, may I have the last word please? Just got home to find 42 replies to my post, thank you, its been very thought provoking reading them (and entertaining too).
    He is generally a good lad and can be very thoughtful at times, and yes he has moved back home after having 6 months of complete freedom living on his own and yes, his dad has had one or two stern words with him over this.
    Yes, my mum is in hospital and son has faithfully, without question, taken me to see her almost every night for the last 5 weeks, (i don't drive).
    So, thanks for all your replies and advice, its was good to 'sound' off x

16. He sounds like a wonderful son who made one mistake (probably due to the 'festive spirit' that he consumed) and who doesn't actually need lessons in how to be a grown up from the likes of we posters on TES.
    You rest my case.

17. Those who were so quick to accuse him have now gone very quiet.

18. At the time of posting, I was generally annoyed with him and more to the fact that he couldn't really see how upset I was, but maybe thats a 'man' thing.
    Guess where he is right now (1pm) ? Yup, still in bed following another party last night, he has been down to rehydrate himself once or twice. And next week, he'll be back to normality, bed by 10..30, up at 6 to go to work, (til friday when he'll be back to his usual weekend socializng..lol