1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's real!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Dec 15, 2011.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Just thought that I woud let you all know went into school today and no one said - ''Interview, what interview? Who are you?'' , or ''Oh yeah, sorry we changed our minds.''
    I really <u>do</u> have some work in January[​IMG]. Still hasn't sunk in properly!
    Good luck to all job seeking. Listen to Theo! I know I will be in a couple of months[​IMG].

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

[​IMG] (Know how you like your emoticons!
    A whole day with your class! What a luxury! So you'll be all prepared on that first day of term.
    Enjoy having a class all of your own. [​IMG]

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Have a really good Christmas Welshchocoholic [​IMG]

4. Well done you...It's an amazing feeling :)

5. I am very happy for you welsh, you will be fantastic!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's now your class. It's Your Class. YOUR CLASS.
    How great does that feel?
    Start the countdown now to when you go in with them!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

7. Yay, excited for you. [​IMG]

8. This made me laugh as it is exactly how I felt from being offered my job in October to visiting last week, I really thought they would just change their minds! But no, I went in last week and met my lovely new class and the teacher I am replacing (who is so lovely and helpful) and the deputy head even said they are really looking forward to me starting. Lovely confidence boost after months of schools ignoring / rejecting / offering useless feedback. I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing though, and probably won't until the end of the first week! Good luck to you welsh and to all starting in Jan xxx

9. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

lol, i'm still waiting for my formal offer letter, and have realised i may not get one until after xmas now as they have broken up. Cue cold sweats imagining i totally got the wrong end of the stick and they actually said i was unsuccessful [​IMG]

10. welshchocoholic1

Haha Lara - I hadn't even realised I had been doing this until you and Theo had mentioned it! Must stop doing this
    Lots of planning to be don Marlin, but

11. welshchocoholic1

Not sure what happen there. Wrote a long message, and it seems to have gone[​IMG]!
    As I was saying lots and lots of planning to do Marlin, but I don't mind. Thanks Harry and Cocoabrown! I know Theo - My <u>own</u> class! Will take a while to get used to this. Love your emoticion LTC - I think I have to cut down[​IMG]!
    Good luck to you too Kitkat! I wouldn't worry too much about not getting your letter yet Veni Vidi. As you say it may just be the delay in the post because of this time of year, or something like that!
    Good luck to all starting a new job in January, and extra good luck to those of you still job seeking! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all! x