1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Its over for me!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jan 11, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Tough, really tough.
    I could KICK those people who allowed Unis and Colleges to just take in PGCE students without planning properly the supply and demand.
    Couldn't they see that the result would be all the distressed people that we see day in, day out, on the Forums here? People who have so much that they want to give to children and young people, but cannot?
    However, there are posters on here who have felt like you, given it one more try, and got a job. There will be new jobs starting to trickle out over the next few weeks . . . go on, set up a few more Job Alerts, and see what happens.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Thanks for your replies

I have taken time out over the last week or so to try and get my head together, and the answer is that I still have to call it a day - I have been giving one more chance after one more chance and I cant continue.

I worte to Mr Gove and Mr Balls up Today as I blame them both for the state of poor unemployed teachers when they are still churning out more and more - it needs sorting!

Just been told today that I cant supply anymore either due to being NQT, have to wait for appeal - not that I have had more than five days supply since september!

Teaching is something I loved, but unobtainable

Lampost

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't know what to say. Words are <u>so</u> inadequate., but didn't want to leave this unanswered.
    I feel so cross about this whole situation, which has left so many talented people's hopes dashed! At least I have had some wonderful years in a career I'm passionate about to look back on, but for you youngsters . . .
    Could you entertain applying for a TA or similar position? This is certainly the direction I'm moving into. IF they will consider me that is!

4. I feel for you, lamppost, I really do. The government have really scr-ewed up the teacher training situation in this country and it's causing decent teachers nothing but heartache and disappointment.
    Agree with Lara - possibly consider TA work or other support work in a school.
    Hope you get something sorted soon.

5. Hi lamppost.

Another one here who really feels for you, being as I'm in a similar situation.

With regards to your money situation, I belong to an online debt forum www.all-about-debt.co.uk which I've found has really helped. It's relatively new and small, but very friendly and it helps you to realise that being in debt isn't a crime; it's often a result of outside factors eg the horrendous job situation we have, illness or divorce. If you decide to join, feel free to PM me here and tell me your username there so I can introduce myself to you there (different username.)

Good luck for the future.

6. Not sure why the forum url hasn't hyperlinked but you can copy-and-paste into your browser.

7. SarahJayne66

SarahJayne66 New commenter

There are so many of us that feel the same [​IMG] I had a rejection letter today, and that was for a T.A role. Funny, when I first read it I thought at least they wrote to me instead of feeling upset! (I do now)
    Perhaps it will sort it self out, but I dont think so, they are still training lots of teachers.
    I am now applying for all jobs including schools and if I am lucky to complete my induction year and teach then I will feel exactly that- lucky! If not hopefully I'll get a job in Admin or whatever, and that is also a struggle.
    I do wonder if most HT understand the job situation out there, because reading about the feedback they give people after interviews it would seem not. One HT told me to take my C.V round to every school, I'm sure that will give you a head-start. (What world do some ppl live in?)
    Its a shame, because my kids and OH went through hell at times when I was training and I used to say it will be ok when I'm a teacher lol, haven't even managed to start my induction year or get any supply!
    Never mind, chin up remember we all feeling the same and life can only go one way when you down and thats UP :)