1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's one thing to stalk on Personal, but leave other fora alone!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sabrinakat, Dec 28, 2015.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

It's not funny or clever - it's unprofessional, immature and incredibly disgusting to stalk someone and post 'funny' pictures on subject fora (Classics), workplace or any other fora - it's rude here on Personal, it's sickening on other fora.

do-yous-not.jpg

Leave me alone - this time, it isn't funny.

ValentinoRossi and aspensquiver like this.
  2. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

There is an ignore function, and you tag the moderators to get their attention.

3. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Keep reporting such behaviour and hope someone will listen and get it stopped
    And don't (please) respond to this poster in any way that might be construed as breaking the T&Cs
    That's what they are trying for

4. sabrinakat

I've done the ignore thing, and did tag the moderators yesterday about the ones in the Classics, but nothing has been done.

I know it's not a big deal, but to go into my subject area is just rude.

5. sabrinakat

I haven't, just do the memes that you all have seen...sigh

6. Didactylos4

Forewarned is forearmed
    I've seen this behaviour before

Lara mfl 05 and sabrinakat like this.
  7. sabrinakat

at least nu- tes has the ignore button!

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It's still the Christmas holiday and will be tomorrow as well. If TES isn't going to pay for moderators to actively moderate the forums on normal working days, you can't imagine they will be paying them double time to work over Christmas, can you?

Then of course, it's perfectly reasonable for any TES employee to enjoy their Christmases like we do. Which TES employee in their right mind would choose to log onto TES twice while the trolls are having a heyday when they could be kissing under the mistletoe instead?

9. Didactylos4

Reported (to T *****)
    Clearly you missed this bit in the "house rules" at the top of the page
    "Do not use the TES Community forums, groups or blogs to threaten, harass, bully, stalk or abuse anyone. We do not tolerate personal attacks."

Lara mfl 05 and aspensquiver like this.
  10. sabrinakat

I know - they do deserve holidays like the rest of us, it's just so....humiliating to have this person following me around - some of what he posted was funny, but some was bordering on rude...growl. Now, it's not funny anymore and to go onto the Classics fora with his rude photos is just so....nasty. Off to sleep!

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  11. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I think part of the problem is that some posters clearly think this sort of behaviour is more acceptable on Personal. If a posters is breaking T&C then that should apply across the forums. If Personal is seen even by normal posters as a playground where there are fewer rules and expectations then it will be a target and trolls will claim it's just part of the game.

12. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Sadly, this is what happens when you engage with them in their games. Ignoring, either through the 'iggy' function or the old fashioned way, is best.

Some of us learnt that the hard way ;)

13. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I'm finding it all a lot less irritating now I have started using the ignore function although I haven't been stalked. If everyone ignored them surely they'd lose their motivation.

grumpydogwoman and sabrinakat like this.
  14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

It's sickening on any forum. Report and don't reply and certainly don't start threads on the topic.

anotherauntsally and sabrinakat like this.
  15. Didactylos4

Yep I keep hearing this from all sorts of worthy posters
    Sitting in the corner with your fingers in your ears may protect you from the levels of abuse that are now current (from both the trolls and posters who should know better)
    The old saw about not responding to them and letting them get bored enough to quit SIMPLY ISN'T WORKING. Or hadn't you all noticed?

It was nice to do that over Christmas . It allowed sensible conversations to continue in the spirit they should.
    But when these posters start stepping away from their usual threads and into attacking posters across all the threads I reckon that it is time to respond., time to fight back and time to stop this infection spreading.

So if you feel bound to sit in a protected bubble where everything is rosy and full of pink fluff fine. That's your choice.
    But don't start picking on your fellow posters who don't.

aspensquiver and sabrinakat like this.
  16. sabrinakat

Re: starting a thread - I guess it was a knee-jerk response as I was very angry that the poster put inappropriate pictures on the Classics fora - I didn't want anyone to think I endorsed that.

I am aware that it's a holiday, so I am sure that the tes moderators will sort this out tomorrow.

aspensquiver likes this.
  17. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I'm most definitely not picking on anybody nor am I in any sort of bubble! It was a reflection based on my prior experiences, as shown by the last sentence in my post.
    I dislike it all as much as anyone else.

Lascarina and sabrinakat like this.
  18. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Well, I've been reporting left, right and centre but there are clearly no mods working. A fact that has not gone unnoticed by the pre-pubescent (or ARE they?) contributors. No contributors on Classics are going to see it as anything other than what it is. Puerile. And not of your making.

aspensquiver and sabrinakat like this.
  19. Didactylos4

And I haven't.
    Trouble is that I am essentially a fair person so if I report personal attacks (for instance) from one group of unworthy posters I am obliged to report those from more worthy ones as a matter of principle.
    So I'm not doing much on the more combative threads .
    I'm quite happy to do so when posters take it outside those boundaries.
    Whoever they are

20. sabrinakat

I have reported personal attacks on this fora, whether aimed at me or other posters - but not the threads where there has been lively debate - when it descended into name-calling, I clicked 'ignore'.

Thanks, guys - we're packing up at the moment (stayed in a hotel to visit family in Ireland), so have a long, long drive -ferry - drive, so will only dip in and out for the rest of the day anyway!

:)