1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Its NOT espionage, its public/private funding!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SEBREGIS, Jan 30, 2018.

1. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Lead commenter

On Radio4 this morning, I ear Mike Pompous, Trump's head of the CIA, claim that China was boosting its espionage network. There are apparently Chinese agents working in industry, government - AND SCHOOLS!!

So - should any Chinese equivalent of M be reading the TES this morning - can I just say that I'm happy to offer my services?

In return for the 10% pay increase the government should give us, I will cheerfully teach lessons on:

China's role in world culture
    The importance of the CCP in defeating Japan in WW2
    Chinoiserie and its impact on European art.

I'll even offer a discount on Britain and the Opium wars.

I don't consider this in any way disloyalty to my nation and I will, of course, require far more to cover their record on Tibet or Human Rights (though like a government minister, such considerations may be put to one side for sufficient financial benefits).

If the government is happy to run industry on private/public investment, why should I do anything different in my classroom.(BTW - I won't accept Bitcoin, and I will most certainly NOT accept payment in Pandas. Just saying...)